Any La Roche Possay Users about?

(29 Posts)
SeashellHoarder Sat 25-Apr-15 18:44:37

For the last year and a half (since having DD) I have had hormonal spots around my chin / jawline. Have tried a clarisonic with no noticeable improvement.

From reading a few threads on here I think La Roche Possay may be the answer.

So I am currently abroad and there is a shop here with a huge display of la Roche products.

I'm thinking I need the duo and the efflacler, can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance.

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 25-Apr-15 19:49:56

Effaclar duo has transformed my dd (preteen)'s face...she had started to get really bad spots on her forehead and chin, and after literally one application, the appearance was better, she now uses it morning and night.
It's incrediblesmile

DrankSangriaInThePark Sat 25-Apr-15 19:51:47

on the advice of Caroline Hirons, beauty blogger, who came onto the fan thread the other day, I have also ordered her the physiologicsl face wash.

perfectmummy Sat 25-Apr-15 20:02:45

great products. Has totally sorted my spotty skin on 3 months

perfectmummy Sat 25-Apr-15 20:03:31

be prepared though. my skin became a lot worse when I started using it b4 it got better. Give it a chance. Dont give up if your skin starts to purge

SeashellHoarder Sat 25-Apr-15 20:19:45

Thank you Drank and Perfect, if I take the effacler and Duo, what moisturiser would I use?

Drank is physiologics a La Roche product or someone else?

pickwickcrocus Sat 25-Apr-15 20:26:17

I use it! It's AMAZING! It has kept my (previously oily, prone to breakout skin) in check during my whole pregnancy, literally can't remember the last time I had a spot.

I use the physiological cleanser and the effaclar duo plus cream.

I put the cream on after cleansing and drying my skin. I let it dry then, in the morning,put bb cream (with spf) straight on top of it. In the evening, I rub in rosehip oil in the hope it will stave off wrinkles.

I will never stop using this unless something dramatic happens to my skin (eg during menopause)

Bakeoffcake Sat 25-Apr-15 20:38:09

It's really helped with my skin too, I had really terrible cysts and spots all over my chin. I'm 49 and the worst my skin has ever been.

I used the cleanser, then the duo.

However, when I first started using it, my skin really dried out, so I started I using it just once a day. Now my spots have totally gone, I use it 3 or 4 times a week.

I also started to use sudacreme liberally on the spotty area. This really helped too.

SeashellHoarder Sat 25-Apr-15 20:45:44

Thanks Pickwick and Bakeoff that is just what I need to happen. I think sudacreme might be a step too far for me though.

Bakeoffcake Sat 25-Apr-15 20:50:09

I know some people can't cope with sudacremegrin. There's a creme which has the same ingredients in it, I'll try and find it and link.

Bakeoffcake Sat 25-Apr-15 20:55:24

Sorry can't find it. The active ingredient in Sudacreme is Zinc Oxide so any blemish creme with that in should be good.

Bakeoffcake Sat 25-Apr-15 20:56:03

Sorry for typos

TrickyTreeLou Sat 25-Apr-15 21:13:18

I use it, am generally impressed with it. My skin is oily and open pored, and at 38 I still get spots. It keeps my skin matte and I feel it reduces any redness/inflammation too.

I used to used it twice a day, but have reduced it now to just in the evening.

Flugdrachen Sat 25-Apr-15 21:23:28

dd (14yo) & I (40yo) use the same stuff <eye roll>

La Roche-Posay - Effaclar Purifying Foaming Gel For Oily Sensitive
- Effaclar duo + (on breakout areas - chin/jaw for me/forehead for dd)
- Effaclar H (moisturiser)

Hopefully dd has just got typical teenage skin that will clear up but mine is a fucking nightmare - hypersensitive, red dry patches & breakouts - I've been trying to find something that will calm it down for 25+ years & the effaclar is the only thing that has been consistently good (retinol creams helped in my 20s but my skin is getting ever more sensitive & reactive now).

Charityworker34 Sat 25-Apr-15 21:29:51

Agreed, this stuff is GREAT. I use the physiological cleansing gel to remove makeup, and the Effaclar face wash in the morning. The only products I have consistently repurchased

soverylucky Sat 25-Apr-15 21:49:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmelieinOz Sat 25-Apr-15 21:59:38

I use the Vitamin C serum/Redermic line. Awesome stuff.

Breadkneadslove Sat 25-Apr-15 22:18:25

read this it might help you understand all the ranges available. I have used various LRP and do rate them, I use some redermic products at the moment and really like them, I also do use the effleclar face wash and duo cream if my skin is playing up but for me in terms of moisturizing its not enough, so I think it's better to have a products from their different ranges to mix and match!

Kundry Sat 25-Apr-15 22:18:50

If you have spots you should be avoiding foaming face washes - annoys me they put this in their range.

The Physiological Cleansing Gel is great and won't irritate your skin further and I loved Effaclar Duo. You may find (I did) that you don't need a moisturiser with it.

As said already, be prepared for the spots to get worse initially but stick it out, they will go!

After a few weeks then add in the Redermic R - any remaining spots will go and you should have lovely glowing skin.

kua Sat 25-Apr-15 22:47:43

I bought the Effaclar 3 step range from Boots when they had an offer on.

It has made a huge difference to my DS's skin.

I have also tried it and it has completely minimised my hormonal break outs around my chin.

hollyisalovelyname Sun 26-Apr-15 00:24:56

Their eye make up remover is very gentle.
I can't use anything else.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Sun 26-Apr-15 15:13:42

I bought the Targeted Breakout Corrector for my teenage DS, his skin has gone really red and inflammed looking round his nose/chin.

We'll give it a try, then I'll post a review

SeashellHoarder Sun 26-Apr-15 15:33:18

Thank you for all the responses.

Flug that sounds like me, I hope it works as well on my face!

Kundry why would you say no foaming washes with acne? I have been using these for a while now (just cheapo anti acne ones from tescos). Can you use the gel just as a normal facewash? Is Redermic R a La Roche Possay product as well?

Bread thank you for the link - why on earth did I not think of looking up their website??

Hi 70 I would be very interested to see how this works, I didn't know about that product. I do probably have the skin of a teenager atm.

Kundry Sun 26-Apr-15 16:02:56

No foaming face wash is advice from Dr Sam Bunting who does loads of acne advice. The foaming element is too stripping.

She has some fantastic videos with Caroline Hirons talking about acne.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACgdoc1N0AM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=05gQglJk89Q

www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvkLbzxrlIM

If you read the blurb under the second video on youtube, she recommends a lot of LRP products. I'm currently using the Physiological Cleansing Gel and love it, you use it just like a normal facewash.

Redermic is La Roche Posay as well - it's their retinol product so you get the dual advantage of getting rid of the acne and it being anti-ageing, marvellous!

Saurus72 Sun 26-Apr-15 19:25:16

Kundry I have been using the face wash for several years and it has only has a positive effect on my previously spotty, hormonal skin. After years and years of trying different things, the Effaclar face wash and Duo, plus an eye cream to make sure that area doesn't dry out, have led to a magical transformation of my skin. I cannot recommend two products any more highly to people with problem skin.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now