We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Lip SOS

(7 Posts)
MrsCakesPrecognition Thu 05-Mar-15 21:21:56

After a winter of colds and central heating, I need ideas on how to get my dry , flaky lips lovely and smooth.
My faithful Blisteze dealt with the cracks, but now I need something to exfoliate and moisturise them.
TIA

Alwaysrushingaround Thu 05-Mar-15 22:18:39

Vaseline is great - you could also use it for exfoliating -
Just use an old toothbrush or facecloth to remove the dry bits then apply the Vaseline as lip balm- the rose tin is a lovely colour

Coumarin Thu 05-Mar-15 22:49:14

Vaseline seals creates a barrier. It can't add any moisture. Good for prevention and protection but not healing.

Best thing for dry, damaged and chapped lips is Lansinoh lanolin nipple cream. Find it in the baby section in Boots. Instant relief and if you slather it on every night before going to sleep, your lips will be soft and smooth within days.

I used to get very sore lips every Winter before discovering lanolin. No problems at all now. Amazing stuff.

Coumarin Thu 05-Mar-15 22:50:15

Exfoliation- a rub with a wet flannel foes the trick.

HappyGirlNow Thu 05-Mar-15 22:56:53

Same here re Vaseline - no good whatsoever and I used it for years.. Same with lipsyl etc..

Now my lips are in fantastic condition.. Just exfoliate daily with a flannel or exfoliating face wipe, and regularly apply a lotion like e45 or just a hand cream - I use Neutrogena concentrated hand cream - amazing! Just give it a week or so for your lips to repair..

mbinsider Fri 31-Mar-17 15:01:45

Lip balms don't really moisturise your lips but they help the appearance and provide protection for your lips. I had a mesotherapy treatment done for my lips, and it's really worked. I still use the lip balms though to protect them from the environmental damage and retain moisture.
I just post an article featuring my favourite lip balms. mbinsider.com/lipbalms/
Hopefully, you'll find it useful.

VintagePerfumista Fri 31-Mar-17 15:18:10

Carmex.

I used to think I was destined to never again be able to wear lipstick- and I used Vaseline every night, slathered it on. Someone told me it's actually very drying as it seals in, and out, but doesn't actually do anything productive <waves hands round vaguely> I didn't understand the science tbh, but switched to Carmex and now bulk buy when in the UK. Amazing stuff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now