Talk

Advanced search

"Hint of Tint" temporary hair dye, is this still available.....

(23 Posts)
nonsense0name Wed 25-Feb-15 15:54:36

I am looking for a product I remember from way back which I think was called Hint of Tint, it is a temporary hair dye in natural shades that lasted about 4-6 shampoos. It was sold in single use sachets and took 1-2mins to apply so you could use it in the shower.

I can't seem to find it and I'm trying to grow out my dyed hair and this would be perfect to tone down the rather yellowing dye that I have left.

Does anyone know if you can buy something like this - I've checked Boots and Superdrug and all I can seem to find are demi/semi permanent dyes.

Thanks for any help smile

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 25-Feb-15 16:30:21

Hint of a Tint - jings that brings back memories ( that and 'Toners and Shaders' - remember them? Single sachet wash in/wash out)
And 'Glints' in the oval shapred box with the promise of Black Cherry hair.................................................

No, I haven't seen any sachet tints either, but if you want something to tone a yellowy shade why not try the lilac tone shamppo (I saw an advert a couple of days ago) it's on the opposite colour spectrum to yellow so it neutralises.

hugoagogo Wed 25-Feb-15 16:38:29

I don't know if you can still get those; but superdrug do something similar in a little bottle

Mintyy Wed 25-Feb-15 16:51:57

I was looking for these recently. I thought it might be rather fun to put a bright purple or red one on my dark hair which has random grey (about 10%), knowing that if I looked like a fool it would wash out quickly.

I asked in Superdrug but they said they don't have them any more, so I bought one of those little bottles hugo has just mentioned.

jemstipp Wed 25-Feb-15 16:54:47

I used to love those grin

jellycat Wed 25-Feb-15 17:02:52

You can get a similar type of dye in Superdrug. It comes in a little bottle which is enough for several applications. Can't remember the name of it, I'll go and have a look, it's an own brand one.

jellycat Wed 25-Feb-15 17:03:50

Oh Hugo already linked to it!

NorbertDentressangle Wed 25-Feb-15 17:05:12

I used to love those but I'm pretty sure that they used to colour my scalp more than my hair!

nonsense0name Wed 25-Feb-15 17:09:50

Thanks Hugo and Jellycat, I will try these

Toners and Shaders - yes remember those too.

I've seen a sachet type thing on ebay by Schwarzkopf called "Palette" but doesn't seem to by available in the UK - I wonder why they stopped selling it....

But off to try the Superdrug bottle, thanks so much smile

CointreauVersial Wed 25-Feb-15 17:18:43

We were looking for something similar for DD1 (who's too young for permanent dye but wanted to play around with different effects).

After a lot of searching, the only one we could find was.... yes, you guessed it, the one linked by Hugo. It seems Superdrug have this one stitched up.

squoosh Wed 25-Feb-15 17:41:51

Memories! I used to love Hint of a Tint. That was about as much hair dye as I was allowed when I was 15.

LadyWellian Wed 25-Feb-15 17:48:45

Mintyy always read the label - I thought I could dye my grey hairs blonde with a semi-permanent colour (I have mid brown hair and was expecting 'natural highlights') but didn't realise the colour had bleach in it, so everything went lighter! I still don't understand how anything with bleach in it can be 'semi-permanent' confused.

PrimroseEverdeen Wed 25-Feb-15 18:20:09

I use revlon colour ball. It's expensive but it's a big bottle with lots of applications. Lasts about 3 -6 washes depending on how long you leave it in. Comes in loads of shades.

nonsense0name Thu 26-Feb-15 13:26:09

Hi Primrose...is that the Revlon Nutri Colour? in a ball shaped bottle, takes 3 mins

If not please can you link to it, thank you

Trying the superdrug first but this looks good too

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Thu 26-Feb-15 14:15:36

I recommend the Superdrug one. I use warm honey blonde. It works best if you leave it on for at least 5 minutes. I usually leave it for longer than that while I'm having a bath. You may want to try the lighter shade if you are concerned about yellowness.

Tizwailor Thu 26-Feb-15 14:32:41

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nonsense0name Thu 26-Feb-15 14:42:28

I have bought the Superdrug one in Warm Chocolate Brown and am hoping it will tone down the yellowing brown I have half way through my hair.

Desperately trying to grow out permanent brown dye so that I can embrace my natural light brown/grey hair.

I had a brief experiment to blend the greys with highlights but my hair hates bleach and it is so dry. So now I have bleached high-lighted hair, re-dyed brown, fading to awful yellow which I'm trying to cover with the least amount of dye possible confused

Once it's grown out I promise I will never touch a bottle of dye again grin

Tizwailor Thu 26-Feb-15 15:57:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ihave2naughtydogs Thu 26-Feb-15 16:04:30

nice and easy do a 6-8 wash colour .

katiebc11 Sun 23-Apr-17 07:45:11

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

strawberryblondebint Sun 23-Apr-17 09:00:41

I love the Superdrug ones. My hair is strawberry blonde. Not going grey but fading iyswim. I use the strawberry blonde one in winter to ginger it up and the lighter blonde at the moment which just keeps it golden and shiny.

RandomDent Sun 23-Apr-17 09:06:47

I'm assuming OP has been to the hairdressers since her post 2 years ago. grin Spam. Reported.

llangennith Sun 23-Apr-17 09:45:43

Zombie thread Reported as Spam

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now