Talk

Advanced search

Need help finding SW / Central London hair colourist - must be good at sorting out mish mashed botch jobs

(12 Posts)
MrsBertMacklin Tue 17-Feb-15 23:10:24

I'm currently sporting a mix of natural grey/brown hair, with very old semi-perm on the bottom half (about 14 months old) and gone-brassy blonde balayage (sic) on the ends, which previous colorist said would mask old colour, but has just frizzled the ends and made things worse.

Can't actually see the wood for trees, ref. how I actually want colour to look (other than 'not tacky), don't know enough about various methods to ask for specific technique, so looking for someone who is really good with the consultation/diagnosis aspect of colouring.

Any suggestions, please?

MrsBertMacklin Tue 17-Feb-15 23:11:14

PS Happy to spend up to £150 for a one off. Worth it if it stops me looking like an extra from Cats.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 18-Feb-15 08:15:32

Anyone, please?

WorkingBling Wed 18-Feb-15 08:18:45

Can you be more specific on area? I can recommend someone in surbiton.

MrsBertMacklin Wed 18-Feb-15 08:41:31

anywhere on the tube, or really within a 20 mile radius of Barnes. Happy to travel and Surbiton easy to get to...

MissBartlett Wed 18-Feb-15 08:48:18

Have PMed you details of mine (I love her!)

MrsBertMacklin Wed 18-Feb-15 08:50:18

Received, thank you MissBartlett. smile

WorkingBling Wed 18-Feb-15 16:27:31

Will PM you now. Mine is great and v reasonably priced.

Lambzig Wed 18-Feb-15 17:03:44

I can highly reccomend the Greenhouse, based near the back of Selfridges. Joe was my hairdresser for many years before I moved to the sticks. I miss him.

londonlivvy Wed 18-Feb-15 18:16:01

Graham Tilley. He's bloody amazing. subtle highlights that made me look like I'd been on holiday, not like a badger. kind. helpful. not pressuring you to have a particular look (which Toni & Guy are often guilty of,IMO).

based in Soho
http://tilleyandcarmichael.co.uk/

arlagirl Wed 18-Feb-15 18:19:36

Ceri at Metropolis in Kingston

MrsBertMacklin Wed 18-Feb-15 20:40:01

Thank you for all recommendations here and by PM, really appreciated.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: