Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

London Fashion Week/15 weeks pregnant

(13 Posts)
FreeButtonBee Tue 17-Feb-15 17:12:18

Obviously NO ONE will be looking at me but I am being taken to LFW on Friday and have no idea what to wear. I am also 15 weeks pregnant and have pretty much grown out of all my jeans/interesting tops/dressesbut not big enough for my proper maternity clothes (as I was pg with twins last time so everything is enormous). I am a size 12, short and busty. It's a work do and I am a lawyer so need to be on the safe side of interesting but I am not a wallflower so don't want super dull.

Happy to pay for next day delivery - hit me with some ideas, people!

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:37:39

Prob not hugely imaginative, but I would go for "statement" blazer and shoes.

Blazer is good as it's what people will see, plus a fitted blazer is v flattering, and you obv wouldn't wear it done up. It would show you are trim and still narrow. You can wear a baggy shirt or top under it.

Wear whatever jeans / trousers suit you and some great shoes.

You'll have both the blazer and shoes forever, so it's not a waste.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:38:46

If you don't wear heels, I'd get some flats like these www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Shoes-Boots/Flats/AR683/Womens-Flat-T-bar-Point.html?NavGroupID=11#/ReviewHeader or some from Russell & Bromley (some of theirs are just gorgeous)

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:40:14

I'm in love w this jacket, but it's conservative. Maybe too so for LFW? https://www.reiss.com/womens/reiss-sale/coats-and-jackets/pinot-fitted-jacket/shell-pink/

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:41:24

These are basically an Aquazurra dupe, but are v comfy and bargainous at £30 www.office.co.uk/view/product/office_catalog/2,33/1858600079060?utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=retargeting&utm_campaign=mobile

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:43:17

Do you like yellow? www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/jackets/velveteen-blazer-with-no-lapel-c358002p2496041.html

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:46:26

I just bought this and I'm in love w it www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/jackets/buttoned-short-army-jacket-c358002p2512559.html

I'd wear it w a collarless shirt or top underneath, jeans and the Office statement jeans.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 19:46:52

Heels, not jeans. Am too frazzled to think..

FreeButtonBee Tue 17-Feb-15 20:26:27

Well you are on fire tonight Belinda! I was on the other thread and owned up to having the flat office lace up ones. Could do my last remaining pair of jeans and buy a jacket. I do love the yellow but would need to see whether it washed me out as I am a bit pale and wan still (still puking at nearly 15 weeks - very annoying) but hadn't rally considered a jacket as a wardrobe extender because I am normally a dress and big scarf girl. But that could totally change - could get away with much simpler tops underneath. Not so keen on the short one (for me). I think it might cut me off and make my thighs look enormous.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 21:02:06

I think a jacket is great when you are pregnant, if shaped, as you do tend to keep your waist width and shoulders and arms etc until quite late in the piece, it's just your front that blows out. Well, that was me, anyway (my last pregnancy was twins, too ✊). Grimace at being sick at 15 weeks - how exhausting!

So, then, the Office flats are prob perfect for LFW, as they are quite fashiony, w your jeans and a new jacket (if you can't wear any you aready have). Red lipstick might also be a good idea? Personally, I love the Maybelline Colour Drama lip pencils (NARS dupe), as v long lasting / non smeary.

Have fun!

FreeButtonBee Tue 17-Feb-15 21:13:51

Yes, am a red lip junkie. Can defo do that. Damn it, why is there no Zara in the city. Curses

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 17-Feb-15 21:15:45

It's ridiculous how there are about 5 on Oxford St, and in west London, but that's it.

LtheWife Tue 17-Feb-15 22:14:31

From a purely practical point of view if you're going to the Somerset House tent layers are your friend. It's bloody freezing standing around waiting to get in to the tent and gets rather warm in the show space. And flat shoes are a must, navigating around the cobblestone courtyard in heels can be a nightmare as is getting down the stone stairs to the loos.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: