Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Aveda hair colours/dyes and grey hair - any experience?

(5 Posts)
SoccerFunDays Tue 17-Feb-15 14:50:21

I've got a lot of grey hair, probably about 70%. Have been happily home dying it for years but decided to splash out on getting it done at Aveda at the weekend. The colour's good but I can see lots of individual grey hairs that seem not to have taken the dye. Is this normal for Aveda? It is because of their high-faluting plant-based dyes or is it just that woman who did it is a bit slapdash? Bit disappointed given that it wasn't cheap.

Anyone else with a lot of grey use Aveda salons for dying?

babbas Tue 17-Feb-15 14:52:22

I've got stubborn greys and nothing seems to hold the dye. If you've paid for aveda I would go back to the salon.

SoccerFunDays Tue 17-Feb-15 15:00:32

Thanks babbas - that's the odd thing, it does seem to be individual hairs. She hasn't missed great big chunks or anything, which makes me think it's the dye rather than the woman who did it. I always got 100% coverage with the cheap shop dyes, although they weren't great for the condition of my hair

westcountrywoman Tue 17-Feb-15 22:53:10

I've only got around 10% greys but yes, I found Aveda dyes weren't great for covering the grey hairs.

Jinglebells99 Tue 17-Feb-15 23:19:58

Aveda was fine for covering my grey hair but last couple of times I felt like I was getting an allergic reaction to the dye. I would go back if I were you. Perhaps she didn't leave it on long enough. It certainly covered all my grey.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: