Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Come look at my Winter coats and tell me what Summer coat to buy!!

(14 Posts)
BunnyLebowski Tue 17-Feb-15 10:58:13

In the Autumn/Winter I almost always wear faux fur coats.

I have these

Topshop

ASOS

and ASOS Again

I also have this Louche Princess coat

I am really struggling to translate my style (retro and glam?) into a coat/jacket for the Spring.

I can't wear biker jackets as they cut me off in the middle and look wrong. I don't like macs. I don't like parkas.

I don't wear black or any neutrals really. I love colour, pattern and texture.

I do love those military style jackets that have embroidery or patches to pretty them up but can't find any online. I also realise they aren't glam grin.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm a size 12, 32FF and have a budget of up to £100 for the right thing.

BunnyLebowski Tue 17-Feb-15 19:15:40

Anyone??

OatcakeCravings Tue 17-Feb-15 19:25:57

Sorry I can't be much help I live in the far North of Scotland and would wear any of those jackets in the summer!!

However, I have the same ishoos with biker jackets as you but found a longer length one last year in Dotty P's which looks good. I also have a fitted indigo denim jacket that I wear with a large vintage brooch. Have you considered a cord jacket?

Lardylassnomore Tue 17-Feb-15 19:32:03

Why not buy a military jacket the sew or pay someone to apply appliqué patches on like these www.josyrose.com/p-Corner_Embroidery_Piece_Ivory-14031.aspx

jimmybim Wed 18-Feb-15 10:17:10

raspberry
patterned

frankietwospots Wed 18-Feb-15 10:49:27

OK, I'm loving your coat selection and mine are quite similar! For spring/summer, I am coveting this from H&M and it looks fab on:

www.hm.com/gb/product/86602?article=86602-D&cm_vc=SEARCH

I also noticed that Belinda posted a lovely military style jacket the other day: www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/jackets/buttoned-short-army-jacket-c358002p2512559.html
- but I realise it's black.

Autograph have a few textured coats and also bomber jackets so might be worth a look?
www.marksandspencer.com/striped-duster-coat-with-buttonsafe/p/p22362200

BritabroadinAsia Wed 18-Feb-15 11:02:24

How about a trench style? I got a lovely one from Jigsaw last year that doesn't have buttons but ties around the waist - quite lightweight and probably only showerproof at best, but a nice layer for summer. They had it in navy and blush last year - will have a quick look to see if there is something similar now. Could look quite glam?

BritabroadinAsia Wed 18-Feb-15 11:03:35

Ok, have re-read your post about liking pattern and not neutrals so please disregard the above!

Love your furry coats, btw...

sosix Wed 18-Feb-15 11:09:31

I can't help as I have a fatface mac. But love your coats!

noddyholder Wed 18-Feb-15 14:16:48

www.riverisland.com/women/coats--jackets/coats/Beige-check-relaxed-fit-longline-blanket-coat-666207

BunnyLebowski Wed 18-Feb-15 14:41:12

Thanks everyone for helping. I thought it was a dead thread!

Unfortunately I don't like any of the links. They're all nice just not for me. I don't like unfitted shapes so that rules out boyfriend coats/dusters. I don't like trenches. I bought a pink boyfriend coat last year from River Island and returned it as I looked like Don Johnson in Miami Vice.

The military is still too short and not really my style.

The H+M one is nice but again not me.

I think I want something more fired and a bit more glam. How awkward? grin.

StandoutMop Wed 18-Feb-15 14:58:42

I like this Reis's one but its over £100, despite being reduced, and may be too black and not fitted enough for you.

https://www.reiss.com/womens/coats-and-jackets/frankie/blackcream/&_=1424271347804

stripytees Wed 18-Feb-15 16:17:50

A wool or tweed blazer? Or a leather jacket?

stripytees Wed 18-Feb-15 16:18:38

Or velvet, I remember Boden did animal print velvet blazers.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: