Advanced search

Good long lasting foundation for a beach wedding

(11 Posts)
Tinkerball Tue 17-Feb-15 10:36:15

Hi, I usually wear Revlon superstay for work which I like but I'm looking for new recommendations. I am renewing my wedding vows on a beach in California later on in the year so need something that will stay put and not be a mess in the heat! I have oily skin which is light in tone, and enlarged pores. Any that people can recommend? Would hate to splash out and find it doesn't last.

Philoslothy Tue 17-Feb-15 10:41:39

Lancome 24 hour teint idole. It can be a little drying so may suit your skin if slightly oily.

yazzy85 Tue 17-Feb-15 12:19:43

Estee Lauder Double Wear Light, great coverage and long lasting, its not as heavy as the original and looks more natural too.

Philoslothy Tue 17-Feb-15 12:25:10

I use Estée Lauder light in the summer, it is long lasting and natural, probably what you want for a wedding. That was the second one I was trying to think of

Tinkerball Tue 17-Feb-15 12:27:41

Thanks everyone so far for the suggestions, think I will try and get some samples to try. Excited! smile

WellTidy Tue 17-Feb-15 12:59:35

A friend got married recenetly, and she raved about the urban decay setting spray type thing that she wore on her wedding day. She used all of her usual make up and then 'set' it using this urban decay mist thing. You spray it (its an aerosol) on your face in a Z shape, and it sets your make up for the whole day.

rosiepinkcheeks Tue 17-Feb-15 13:34:51

I have been using Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 hour full coverage foundation. I have quite oily skin and it has lasted well and the brush it comes with means it is super easy to apply, blends really well and looks natural on the skin. It is oil free as well. The only issue is that there are not a lot of colours in the range. It is a US brand so not easy to find in the UK (I get mine from QVC so you can use it and return if you don't like it). However if you have time before the big day then you may want to set aside some time when you are in the US to visit a few beauty stores and try out some ranges in the hot sun and it will be cheaper as well. The setting spray sounds goods though!

Ohwhatbliss Tue 17-Feb-15 13:43:29

Use a primer (the Armani one is excellent), usual foundation and a setting spray. It was 28 degrees when I got married and this combination stayed on for 18+ hours. Have a wonderful day!

Tinkerball Tue 17-Feb-15 21:04:24

I am taking note of everything. Thanks ohwhatbliss, having lots of fun planning it - still to choose the exact beach but it will be near Laguna Beach.

flossy101 Tue 17-Feb-15 22:55:35

I have very oily skin and got married abroad. I used benefit Porefressional primer, then Estée Lauder double wear light, Rimmel stay matte powder and then urban decay setting spray

TheCraicDealer Tue 17-Feb-15 23:39:23

Second the urban decay setting spray- you can get a travel size bottle for around a tenner which would do the entire trip. It really is the business. There's a proper review of it here if you're interested.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now