Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

I have a date, dress me!!!!

(8 Posts)
DatingYETagain Mon 16-Feb-15 22:31:13

Going on my very first date in a longtime on wends, meeting in a local pub/eatery

Online dating so only seen pics of each other, exchanged few messages Thursday, spoke on phone Saturday and arranged a date for Wednesday!

So what do I wear in a date? Don't want to be to underdressed but don't want to be over the top, was thinking of my brown suede over the knee boots

What would you wear if this was your date?

yetanotherchangename Mon 16-Feb-15 22:36:06

What do you look like - age, size, hair colour, etc? I think you can't go wrong with a pair of jeans and a "going out top" for a first date.

DatingYETagain Mon 16-Feb-15 22:40:47

5"6 slim size 8, legs my best feature as slim & long

Blonde hair shoulder length, Blue eyes and 34 mother

Like clothes and fashion

DatingYETagain Mon 16-Feb-15 22:41:41

Was thinking jeans but struggling with shoes, heels, boots, flats!

Whippet81 Tue 17-Feb-15 07:34:27

I wouldn't wear jeans I would probably wear a casual jersey dress with sleeves. H&M have some nice ones in at the moment.

Sukie272 Tue 17-Feb-15 07:50:04

Good luck! Hope the date goes well.
Since you say your legs are your best feature I'd definitely go for a dress or skirt to show them off... with tights if it's cold and heels if you're comfortable in them. Maybe keep the dress casual since it's a pub, with a neutral wrap/cardigan.
A single eye-catching piece of jewellery (eg unusual bracelet or necklace) can be a good talking point/icebreaker.
Have fun!

DontKillMyVibe Tue 17-Feb-15 09:30:51

I was recently in a similar situation and had a first date last Sunday night (my first date in years!)

I wore this dress with black tights, black biker and black suede Ash Jalouse boots.

DontKillMyVibe Tue 17-Feb-15 09:32:10

... Meant to say, it looked dressy casual. Not too ott but like if made an effort - I felt comfortable and confident in it which is the most important thing I guess grin

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: