Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

£100 to spend on what?

(6 Posts)
Endler32 Mon 16-Feb-15 20:24:22

I was given some money for my birthday and would like to buy myself something to wear, possibly a dress and maybe some trousers.

I'm not very girly, I like surf wear type shops, Animal, Roxy, white stuff, Mantaray and super dry ( though I might be getting too old for some of these ). I am 33 and a size 12, I just want casual clothes, I don't really go out and I don't like the 'office look'. I am quite fussy and I dress for comfort before style. I gave dress in mind, something I can wear with tights and boots, maybe a jumper dress?

What should I buy?

Please help, I am useless at clothes shopping.

weaselsquirrel Mon 16-Feb-15 21:15:44

Saltrock have a sale on and have a dress for £11.99 in 3 different colours. It's really nice for the money and only has a small logo of writing on the bottom not noticeable.

HettyD Mon 16-Feb-15 21:18:31

You could get a couple of pieces to mix/match in white stuff, or a really good quality outfit from Joules or Boden (but avoid the florals maybe??!!)

Endler32 Tue 17-Feb-15 12:40:11

Thank you, will look at Saltrock, I'm not keen on Boden ( only buy clothes for the dc's there ), I like joules but need to be able to try on so I might pop to our local store.

YourHandInMyHand Tue 17-Feb-15 19:50:58

Can I ask how Saltrock comes up size wise? Never come across them before but am tempted by the dresses, would be ideal for casual days.

weaselsquirrel Wed 18-Feb-15 12:03:54

Sorry your only just seen your post. They are very generous in my opinion. I bought all 3 colours online and the black one which I saw in a saltrock shop. They don't look too 'surfy' but very nice I wore the pink one yesterday with thick black tights and boots. Quite a few people commented on how nice it was. Very flattering too smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: