Advanced search

Handbags! Opinions please!

(9 Posts)
MrsMcGregor Mon 16-Feb-15 20:20:58

I saw a handbag I like. Well, I think I like it. The size is perfect, the I side is perfect. Two things. It's pale grey. Is this good/bad, does it limit me greatly with what I wear .... thinking coats and footwear. And <whispers> .... it's Radley blush. Is that really so bad?

This is it.

Any opinions please?

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 16-Feb-15 20:34:04

How old are you and is this a work bag? casual use?

HeffalumpsnWoozles Mon 16-Feb-15 20:38:31

<also whispers> Is Radley frowned upon then?

I like it in grey, it will go with most colours but I really like the pink too. Not sure I'd pay £200 for it though but then I'm tight like that grin

MrsMcGregor Mon 16-Feb-15 20:46:01

The wrong side of 45 grin and definitely casual use.

Heff ... I think Radley is frowned upon but also think that, as a company, they're working hard to change their image. The pink is very nice but I have a lovely pale pink bag which I need a change from!

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Mon 16-Feb-15 21:49:54

Some radley bags are lovely. I don't have an issue with the brand. Have a couple myself.

I'm 38 and think it's an older woman's bag. It may be that's it's not photographed well or styled well. It looks a similar shape to a bag my grandma uses. Sorry.

But you are the one to use it and if you love it then go for it. The colour is lovely.

OnceUponATimeAgain Mon 16-Feb-15 21:56:58

£200 for a handbag? ????

Are you crazy woman??

(Not keen, and I have some Radley, the most expensive was £95 in the sale )

MrsMcGregor Mon 16-Feb-15 22:07:03

grin ... not mad, not really!

I don't think the photos do it justice .... Are these any better? It's quite a boxy shape but maybe I'm well out of touch!

nannyj Mon 16-Feb-15 22:19:22

I'm 40 and I think it's something my nan would choose sorry. It's very structured for casual use. Although I like a slouchy bag so I may not be the best person to ask.

MrsMcGregor Mon 16-Feb-15 22:23:21

Okay, fair enough, thank you! DH also thought it a bit grannyish although I didn't. Back to the drawing board but now considering pale grey .... maybe! Prefer a bit structured to slouchy as I tend to lose everything in the bottom of slouchy bags!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now