Talk

Advanced search

Campaign for Real Sleeves

(7 Posts)
Sleepyfergus Mon 16-Feb-15 18:25:23

Ok. The sun made an appearance this weekend and Spring felt like it was daring to pop by, although I'm not abandoning my pop socks just yet. (I know, I have pop socks - speaks volumes)

A little bit invigorated, I started pondering and getting excited about the reality that I can get out my cropped trousers, nicer, lighter tops/ cardi combos, and say
goodbye (for a good few months at least) to scarves, hats, gloves etc.

Then I remembered - the dreaded cap sleeve. My yearly quest will commence for decent tshirts that don't have a bloody cap sleeve which, unless you are slight of build with beautifully toned upper arms, are so horribly unflattering.

Every year I find nice tshirts. Nice material - check.
Not cropped - check.
Sturdy enough to stand up to lots of washes and not fade - check.
Not too sheer - check.
Just a bit different to not be
run of the mill - check.
Decent arm length that comes to mid upper arm - not bloody likely.

No, let's scrimp and save on using material and just give the merest hint of a sleeve, of slither proportions it probably breaks the trading standards description of an actual sleeve? Check, check, check.

Is it just me, or am I being paranoid. Where have all the sleeves gone??!

Zanzibaragain Mon 16-Feb-15 18:52:26

I hear you, I hear you.

ItIsntJustAPhase Mon 16-Feb-15 19:04:25

Got a lovely tshirt from Lands End with normal short sleeves. Scoop neck, modal, lovely.

PiratePanda Mon 16-Feb-15 19:05:54

East. Really good quality scoop-neck Ts with sleeves. Every season.

Rollermum Mon 16-Feb-15 19:09:00

Yes!! Just perches at the too of a larger arm making the whole thing look huge.

madrose Mon 16-Feb-15 19:10:28

fat face and white stuff have lovely sleeves! I feel your pain.

Amethyst24 Mon 16-Feb-15 22:01:27

Yes! Weirdly vests are more flattering on my giant arms than cap sleeves. They are the devil's work.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: