Talk

Advanced search

Do (under) slips work?

(20 Posts)
NaiceVillageOfTheDammed Sun 15-Feb-15 17:51:54

Fed up of my skirts and dresses 'sticking' to my 1,000,000 denier tights.

Can't not wear my woolly tights, but how to stop the skirt from sticking and riding up my legs?

Do slips work? Do I need to buy a silk or poly one?

Am I rapidly heading for Nora Batty 'ville? Indeed, my woolly tights do wrinkle. I was trying for the chic Miss Marple/librarian look rather than 'I grow out my leg hair in winter and am trying to hide it' :-)

CMOTDibbler Sun 15-Feb-15 17:58:28

Yes, the M&S microfibre slips are fabulous for this

Passmethecrisps Sun 15-Feb-15 18:00:25

I wear an M&S petticoat. Shiny black one. Works well under dresses. I like the extra layer under dresses as well as not sure I have the legs to work the Lady Di look

TheHappinessTrap Sun 15-Feb-15 18:02:32

I always thought this was about lining, isn't it? Things lined with silky fabric can be worn with tights, things with cotton lining are for summer? If not then I want a slip so I can wear my "summer" things!

NaiceVillageOfTheDammed Sun 15-Feb-15 18:04:50

Cheers - I will drag poor DS to M&S with me tomorrow.

BackforGood Sun 15-Feb-15 18:08:57

Yes of course - that's what they're for.

Aridane Sun 15-Feb-15 18:37:36

There is also an anti static spray you can buy for this clinging problem if you don't want to go the slip route

NaiceVillageOfTheDammed Sun 15-Feb-15 18:50:15

anti static spray hummmm

<eyes up unruly leg hair>

FelixFelix Sun 15-Feb-15 19:38:18

Anti static spray is brilliant. I was skeptical at first but now I use it all the time when wearing dresses and tights, and floaty tops which tend to cling to me. It works so well and lasts all day. I got a massive bottle from Amazon as I use it constantly.

MatildaTheCat Sun 15-Feb-15 20:01:18

It should be illegal to wear unlined dresses without a slip. grin Honestly they create such a nicer,smoother line. No clinging =no knicker lines or lumpy bits.

Way to go. And so much more glamorous to potter around in ones boudoir getting ready.wink

Smarterthantheaveragebeaver Sun 15-Feb-15 20:07:55

No need to buy a special antistatic spray. Hand/body lotion rubbed in does the job (onto tights, under your skirt).

Fabulassie Sun 15-Feb-15 23:20:36

I come from the land of the ice and snow and static cling was a massive problem in the winter. Rather than anti-static spray, I would just rub a tumble dryer sheet on my legs. Does the same thing.

NaiceVillageOfTheDammed Mon 16-Feb-15 10:57:27

Ahhh, but will the body lotion/dryer sheet tame my fly-away leg hairs? grin

I can't shave them now, I'm nearly at the point of being able to style them. Bit like growing out a fringe - I've gone thought the 'tricky' stage.

<brushes legs>

Nah, I'm just waiting for the mother of all waxes - in time for spring smile

MoustacheofRonSwanson Mon 16-Feb-15 14:35:18

Intimissimi does some lovely slips.

ChoclolateOrange Mon 16-Feb-15 19:43:34

I am a big fan of the M & S microfibre too. I have black and nude in various lengths. They work summer and winter, in fact I am sure they make me cooler in hot weather.

I agree on all counts with Matilda grin.

ALittleLemonTwist Mon 16-Feb-15 20:37:17

Are these the microfibre ones?

Passmethecrisps Mon 16-Feb-15 20:41:27

That is the one I have. It's fine

Arrowedheart Mon 16-Feb-15 23:09:33

I have anti static spray too - a few quid from Amazon. Works better than anything else I have tried including slips, hairspray etc

PrimalLass Tue 17-Feb-15 10:28:59

I have a really plain black one from Primark. It is nice enough to have the front showing under a low-cut dress.

ChoclolateOrange Tue 17-Feb-15 10:33:38

Yes, that's the one lemontwist.

I wear them mostly under my wool tunics or summer dresses but they are also essential for me if I wear a skirt/wool tights/boots combo. They give anything a better line and as well as stopping itching and cling.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: