Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

A good exfoliating cleanser - recommendations?

(3 Posts)
Littlepinkpear Sun 15-Feb-15 08:58:12

Currently using Estée Lauder face wash (blue tube) but I'm looking for something to exfoliate with perhaps every few days. Anyone got a good one? I have no idea about face brush wizzy things smile
Normal skin, no spots really to worry about. Just needs brightening.
Happy to splurge if it comes highly recommended.

rosiepinkcheeks Sun 15-Feb-15 09:06:49

If you are otherwise happy with your cleanser then I would stick with it and instead would recommend you introduce an acid toner. There are lots on the market and there have been lots of threads on MN. I use Alpha H Liquid Gold 2-3 nights a week. It has made a huge difference.

Kundry Sun 15-Feb-15 12:12:22

Exfoliation in a cleanser doesn't really work as the cleanser is in contact with your face for such a short period of time - it's just marketing and a waste of ingredients.

If you like your cleanser, stick with it, if you don't you should be looking for something simple and non-foaming. Definitely no particles, beads or other scrubby bits.

The real exfoliation is done by using an acid toner twice a day. Paula's Choice, Alpha H, Pixi Glow, Bravura, whatever suits you best and fits your budget. If no spots or blackheads you want glycolic or lactic acid in your toner.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: