Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where to buy new make up?

(4 Posts)
youmakemydreams Sat 14-Feb-15 17:32:16

My birthday next month and my mum is going to treat me.
I wear light make up most days and buy an assortment of brands from really budget to higher end stuff.
I was thinking about getting my make up done at one of the counters to hopefully have a bit of a change from my every day face but last time I did that a few years ago I left orange so have been scared to since.
I've never tried benefit but am attracted by the packaging. Have some Chanel stuff and used to always wear Clinique years ago. What do you suggest and swear by?
Oh I do have quite dry skin too.

McMW Sat 14-Feb-15 17:35:24

Try bareminerals if you like light coverage, look on qvc they have lots of videos

creamhearts Sat 14-Feb-15 17:46:23

I really like Lancome, somewhere like Boots or Debenhams might be best because they have a wide range of brands you can try.

youmakemydreams Sat 14-Feb-15 17:59:15

I've heard of bare minerals but never tried it I'll take a look.
Yeah cream had thought probably debenhams. Boots here isn't huge but visit a bigger city every few weeks so could try John Lewis as well but Debenhams is the biggest selection we have locally. There is just so much choice and obviously each counter is going to tell me they are best and I have no idea anymore. Way out of touch with make up.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: