Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Nice work tops - where to find them

(19 Posts)
TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 14-Feb-15 08:43:07

I'm looking for work tops - shirts, blouses, silk t-shirts - that sort of thing but have hit a wall on where to look. So far:

Banana Republic
Cos
&Other Stories
Reiss
French Connection
River Island
Zara
New Look (I know!)
Topshop
Zalando
Shopstyle
Whistles

What am I missing? Yes, I am quite fussy by the way. grin Work culture is diverse - everything from dyed blue hair and micro minis to suits so I'm not looking for formal-wear.

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 14-Feb-15 10:25:04

Hopeful bumpl

I like this Reiss blouse but I'm not paying 110 quids for fucking POLYESTER.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 14-Feb-15 10:46:57

Uniqlo

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 14-Feb-15 10:48:56

Reiss do beautiful printed silk tops, Tonday, just search "silk" on their site. Also, H&M do silk blouses/ shirts, so search their website. Also Zara. Using a search term is so much faster, to skip past the seemingly endless polyester.

Datahub Sat 14-Feb-15 10:50:36

agree with zara silk
i also reccy Boden ravello

ChlorinePerfume Sat 14-Feb-15 10:51:35

Saw some nice tops at Debenhams a few weeks ago. They almost always seem to have a sale on. Most things I bought there are only one season items though.

OneHandFlapping Sat 14-Feb-15 10:52:11

Pure do silk T-shirts here.

I'd wait for the sale though, because they're not worth £90. I got a couple for £23 each in a sale two or three years back.

PastPerfect Sat 14-Feb-15 10:57:47

Ted baker occasionally have nice tops need to sift through a lot of polyester though.

Michael Korrs have nice silk tops - often discounted on outnet

wheresthelight Sat 14-Feb-15 12:01:08

red herring in Debenhams do some nice tops, do you have a monsoon near you?

how@&m are good but their sizing is wacky on some of their ranges.

have you looked at any independent fashion shops? or the likes of very moda if you have on?

what about reiss of hobbs

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sat 14-Feb-15 13:06:08

Thanks all. I like

B&W silk HM blouse

Reiss navy top - bit pricy

The Ravello is nice but I think it has that halo of Boden-ness that ruins it. (This is purely my problem)

I'm going to go through the rest later.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 14-Feb-15 18:08:21

Can't link but Massimo Dutti have some nice ones. Warehouse not bad but tend on synthetic side. Also mango

SuperFlyHigh Sat 14-Feb-15 18:09:19

Maybe also Anthropologie

Elllimam Sat 14-Feb-15 18:21:43

The pure silk t shirts are in the clearance for £30

herecomesthsun Sat 14-Feb-15 19:30:02

I read this as worktops (kitchen?)

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 14-Feb-15 19:44:54

This dark green silk T from H&M looks good tablet.hm.com/gb/product/88623?article=88623-A&cm_vc=SEARCH

BelindaAllWorkedOut Sat 14-Feb-15 19:45:55

I am awaiting this to arrive, and it's £20 tablet.hm.com/gb/product/47010?article=47010-A&cm_vc=SEARCH

Cristiane Sun 15-Feb-15 07:42:53

I find silk shirts and tops on Hobbs. Often on sale.
At Jeager outlet I have bought silk tops.
On John Lewis website you can filter for silk/ wool/ cotton

Cristiane Sun 15-Feb-15 07:43:33

Find Zara silk v poor - thin and creases v easily

TondelayoSchwarzkopf Sun 15-Feb-15 21:46:24

Sorry to reply so late. Thanks again.

I bought the H&M one. The green one is a lovely colour Belinda. The black and white one reminds me of something Lady Di would have worn to lunch with George Michael in the 80s. And that's not a bad thing grin

I like this Massimo Dutti one.

Joseph shirt on Outnet is lovely - probably a bit over budget.

Debenhams - couldn't find anything to my taste but I do occasionally spot something excellent there. Same with Pure.

Hobbs - like Boden I have a mental block about Hobbs. But I do love THIS SHIRT - again pricy for synthetic material but maybe they will discount it. I'm not usually into prints and it isn't really my colours but it is lovely.

Anthropologie - good call - I NEVER think of Anthropologie and I have a good friend who always wears their clothes and looks amazing. There are some gorgeous things on there. Again I don't think I'm really very them but I am going to have a good look this week.

Sorry to answer in such mind-numbing detail. I'm really using this to bookmark what I like. Thanks so much again.

Sorry this isn't about worktops here. I've already bought one worktop in my life - one is enough!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: