Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Socks - I know boring but where do you get nice adult ankle socks?

(25 Posts)
WildBillfemale Fri 13-Feb-15 07:37:46

I looked at all the usual places the other day for womens socks (M&S, NEXT etc) all I could find were stars, teddies and very juvenile prints.

TheAwfulDaughter Fri 13-Feb-15 07:40:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

derektheladyhamster Fri 13-Feb-15 07:42:09

I saw some of these socks in one of our local independant stores lovely and soft socks

stripytees Fri 13-Feb-15 07:57:01

I buy mostly striped or solid colour socks. Boden, Seasalt, John Lewis and M&S.

iwantgin Fri 13-Feb-15 09:13:48

I wear these socks Mine are in different colours, but they seem to just have greys now.

I do have other socks, but i can really feel the differencein comfort.

KikitheKitKat Fri 13-Feb-15 10:08:24

TK Maxx usually have some nice ones.

SasherinSuite Fri 13-Feb-15 10:11:59

Sainsbury do some nice socks. I tend to get the black ones with a pattern on the soles (usually stripes or spots) so they can be matched up easily after washing.

DarylDixonsDarlin Fri 13-Feb-15 15:10:56

I like the bamboo ones from boots. Black, browns, greys, blues, stripes, florals. They need a wash before use tho, as they dye your feet! shock but once they're past that stage they are really nice to wear. Seasalt ones are bamboo I think, I always fancy trying them and decide against it as I just cannot bring myself to pay the price for them!

southeastastra Fri 13-Feb-15 20:59:38

esprit have some designs that are a bit different

Preciousbane Fri 13-Feb-15 21:01:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BumWad Fri 13-Feb-15 21:02:34

Sock shop ones from Matalan they don't leave a sweaty ankle line either

PandasRock Fri 13-Feb-15 21:03:55

Costco often have boxes of Pringles socks. Very comfy, don't shrink in the tumble drier.

First lot I had were stripey, but second lot do have flowers all over. Colours can be a bit bright too (makes no difference to me - usually wear boots).

weebarra Fri 13-Feb-15 21:08:33

Seasalt bamboo socks, love them.

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Fri 13-Feb-15 21:09:25

Topshop frilly ones.

Lucked Fri 13-Feb-15 22:26:11

I agree with pp on boots bamboo socks, lovely and soft and really keep their shape,

Pointlessfan Fri 13-Feb-15 22:29:46

My mum just bought me some lovely ones from Next. They are stripey in all different shades of grey. Nothing to do with the film as far as I know!

Catypillar Fri 13-Feb-15 22:32:56

If your feet are on the bigger side, have a look at men's socks- mine are size 6.5 (so not enormous) and all my socks are from the men's range in M+S, loads of bright colours!

Tokelau Fri 13-Feb-15 22:37:10

Tesco's. Not the multipacks, the single packs. There's a discount if you buy three I think. Always nice quality, comfortable, and they last well.

Teanbiscuitsallround Fri 13-Feb-15 22:40:44

I get mind from next. Last forever and decent patterns too!

applecatchers36 Fri 13-Feb-15 22:49:31

The M&S soft socks are lovely, super soft, cotton mix and warm

Artandco Fri 13-Feb-15 22:51:19

Falke

RainDancer Fri 13-Feb-15 22:51:31

Another vote for Seasalt here. I'm evangelical about them. Never have I owned such lovely socks. They make me smile every morning. I need to get a life don't I?

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Fri 13-Feb-15 22:58:11

I am the only member of the family who doesn't gave Joules bamboo socks, and I want some! DH and DS have them. They are brilliant quality, warm in winter but cool in summer, keep their shape, don't shrink or unravel in the dryer. Pricey, but wit for them to do 25% off.

hiccupgirl Fri 13-Feb-15 23:18:07

TK Maxx do lots of good socks - my local one had Green Treat and Sock Shop Bamboo ones in, in stripes and plain colours.

I also got some great one with glittery toes from Matalan before Christmas.

CointreauVersial Fri 13-Feb-15 23:19:20

What Pandas said - Pringles socks from Costco. In fact, I'm wearing a pair right now.

They keep their shape, don't wear out, and come in nice colours.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: