Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Bored of skinny jeans

(7 Posts)
123rd Thu 12-Feb-15 22:31:42

I bored of wearing skinny jeans all the time. I wear them on the school run,to work ,at weekends.
I'm off out for an evening with friends soon and I really don't want to wear skinny jeans and sparkly topwink
I'm 12/14 5"7. Little podgy
round the belly. I quite like my legs and half decent cleavage. Any ideas ?? Nothing clingy though.

mowglik Thu 12-Feb-15 22:58:50

Boyfriend jeans, heels and fitted top? Harems or Jumpsuit?

123rd Thu 12-Feb-15 23:19:35

Don't boyfriend jeans go with flats tho? I'm a little bit tempted with a play suit type thing but nothing to silky. I don't want it to look like pjs!

avocadotoast Thu 12-Feb-15 23:28:29

What about a dress that is fitted over chest & top of waist, but then skims over hips? Like this kind of shape: m.asos.com/mt/www.asos.com/ASOS/ASOS-Scuba-Embellished-Panel-Dress/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4642797&cid=8799&Rf1012=4458&Rf-300=2077,1920&sh=0&pge=1&pgesize=50&sort=1&clr=Black&totalstyles=522&gridsize=3&un_jtt_v_frompage=1 (not that dress necessarily, but you get the idea of shape).

avocadotoast Thu 12-Feb-15 23:30:05

Oh Jesus, that didn't work. But kind of a skater shape almost, I suppose?

50ShadesOfSummer Fri 13-Feb-15 15:31:21

I rarely wear jeans of any sort (don't feel they suit me) so I'd say there are lots of alternatives - especially for going out.

If you have decent legs go for a short skater style dress or skirt as linked to above. Or try a playsuit or shorts - maybe with tights. Or a jumpsuit.

123rd Sat 14-Feb-15 10:18:19

Well by coincidence I have ordered a couple of navy jumpsuits. I'm worried they won't be very flattering round my stomach but we can only trywink

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: