Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Grey silk blouse. Really, it shouldn't be this hard.

(14 Posts)
TolstoyAteMyHamster Thu 12-Feb-15 08:13:27

Just that. A grey blouse, long sleeved. Not satiny. Any shade of grey. Preferably no pocket but I can live. Buttons down the front, if possible, but something more blouse like would be fine.
I've been looking for ages. I've been into so many shops. I've been offered pale blue, cream, pink...why is this difficult? I am at the point where I am prepared to pay silly money so don't hold back...
(Should confess that I have seen and rejected the ones Uniqlo had in a while back. Too flimsy...)

exexpat Thu 12-Feb-15 08:20:36

They have a few in the current Poetry catalogue:
www.poetryfashion.co.uk/product-V950-POEST/shirts-tunics/crêpedechine-shirt.htm
www.poetryfashion.co.uk/product-V161/silk-dolman-sleeve-shirt.htm?term=silk
www.poetryfashion.co.uk/product-V952/silk-tieredfront-shirt.htm?term=silk

ZeroFunDame Thu 12-Feb-15 08:24:27

Here?

Can't find my way to the European site for some reason ...

Greengardenpixie Thu 12-Feb-15 08:28:48

http://www.clothingattesco.com/tops+t-shirts/f+f-long-line-chiffon-shirt/invt/bb511169&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwomens,womens-tops-and-t-shirts?utm_source=google.co.uk&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=ClothingFeed&utm_content=bb511169&sc_cmp=tp1_ppc_g__&kpid=5054402492777&gclid=Cj0KEQiAu_GmBRDhtK-kzqKcuJwBEiQAJvB8n_VrszAL2wlvP9HLDIDeHjhXMolnHIigVOXNaJPIHz4aAkua8P8HAQ

I have this in black. Its lovely and its cheap and cheerful. I bought it for work.

Greengardenpixie Thu 12-Feb-15 08:48:10

Sorry, was on my tablet and i dont know how to link. On laptop now:

www.clothingattesco.com/tops+t-shirts/f+f-long-line-chiffon-shirt/invt/bb511169&bklist=icat,4,shop,catgwomens,womens-tops-and-t-shirts?utm_source=google.co.uk&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=ClothingFeed&utm_content=bb511169&kpid=5054402492777&gclid=Cj0KEQiAu_GmBRDhtK-kzqKcuJwBEiQAJvB8n4PuPIurpdyFXDixdhIicVglz-iSKKPUSHwOmbBpBUIaAuxa8P8HAQ

Size up if between sizes. Narrow on shoulders and bust.

HoundoftheBaskervilles Thu 12-Feb-15 08:54:31

Winser London and Iris and Ink at the Outnet are my go - to for silk shirts, they both do lovely ones and I have a grey one from both places, just had a look though and they don't seem to be doing any grey at the moment. Joseph have some beautiful ones, or depends what your top budget is, this one is in the sale, may be too blue though, it's difficult to tell on my phone.

FauxFox Thu 12-Feb-15 09:31:12

too shiny?
too pale?
satin trim
blouse
thomas pink
pale grey
lux

TolstoyAteMyHamster Thu 12-Feb-15 09:52:18

Thank you! Thank you! I love MN.
Will browse the links properly in my lunch break - at a first glance the Thomas Pink one looks very promising and there's a store round the corner so fingers crossed!

HoundoftheBaskervilles Thu 12-Feb-15 14:06:09

A couple more, I like these two,

One

Two

everythingsgoingsouth Thu 12-Feb-15 17:03:39

www.tkmaxx.com/tops/grey-silk-blouse/invt/01055522

more blousey than shirty...but only £20 !!

ClaudiaNaughton Thu 12-Feb-15 18:16:56

Tolstoy, the Thomas Pink one is dry clean only.

Saurus72 Thu 12-Feb-15 18:57:51

I always ignore dry clean labels for silk clothes - I've never had a disaster washing them on a 30 degree delicates cycle.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Thu 12-Feb-15 19:21:51

Topshop also has one. Will try and find link later

margaritasbythesea Thu 12-Feb-15 20:25:45

I love the colour of that first poetry one. I have been searching for something similar for ages!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: