Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

day dresses?

(7 Posts)
whentheshithitsthefan Wed 11-Feb-15 18:31:48

i need a couple of day dresses, that i can wear with tights and boots or sandals.
im a slightly overweight 35 yr old. about a size 14, 5ft 6...
any suggestions?

70isaLimitNotaTarget Wed 11-Feb-15 18:37:12

I saw some gorgeous fine knit, long sleeved dresses in Sainsburys today. Slight ribby ruching round the torso.

I don't wear dresses IRL but I was really tempted ( I think they were £18 ish)

whentheshithitsthefan Wed 11-Feb-15 18:39:18

thanks, ill have a look in town and see if they have any.

CointreauVersial Wed 11-Feb-15 18:50:40

M&S Autograph are always good for work dresses.

TheBeekeepersDaughter Wed 11-Feb-15 19:18:09

The Sainsburys dresses are lovely. I have one in red and just bought one in navy. Really flattering, soft and get on well with my tumble dryer. I get complimented on my red one and delight in sharing that it was eighteen quid in Sainsbos!

Pippin8 Wed 11-Feb-15 19:52:37

There are some really nice swing dresses in phase eight that completely skim the tummy & are quite flattering.

I've got the frida flippy one & I love it. I wear it with coloured opaque tights & ankle boots.

Upatree Wed 11-Feb-15 20:06:44

OP, I'm a similar age, height and dress size to you and I recently bought this:

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Pied+a+Terre+Fit+and+Flare+Sleeved+Dress/207873854,default,pd.html

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: