Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

girls boden fleece lined anorak?

(20 Posts)
yazzy85 Wed 11-Feb-15 12:21:36

Anyone have boden's fleece lined anoraks for their little ones? Are they warm and good quality?

AmeliaPeabody Wed 11-Feb-15 12:38:58

I don't think the quality is amazing. They're adequate for cold days, rain showers, but need layers for very cold weather.

MincePieDiet Wed 11-Feb-15 12:39:55

Yes, yes and yes. Been through the washer and dryer many times. Then when they grow out if them I sell them on eBay they do very well. Boden 20% off codes always floating around.

LIZS Wed 11-Feb-15 12:48:08

Dd who is very susceptible to cold had one and loved it.

FoxyMcFox Wed 11-Feb-15 12:53:02

Both dc have had them in the past and I loved them. Hardwearing and easy to keep looking nice. I have bought in the sale before and eventually sold after two years wear for more than I paid!

They aren't warm enough for very cold weather IMO but easy to layer underneath.

yazzy85 Wed 11-Feb-15 13:38:22

thanks ladies. I've just ordered one for my little girl in the sale, size 2-3 and she is average sized 2 year old, hopefully will last into next winter too. I think it will be good for our current weather and she can have a jumper under when its colder. We had one from m&s earlier on in the year but it wasn't great quality and I'm now having to replace it.

spiderlight Wed 11-Feb-15 14:44:25

My son has one every year - it's perfect for in-betweeny late autumn/early spring weather, although he has a warmer and properly waterproof coat as well for the really cold weather. They wash and dry brilliantly. I've had several from ebay that have been as good as new.

yazzy85 Wed 11-Feb-15 15:08:09

spiderlight which company is the warmer one from? Maybe I can find her size in the sale to keep for next year smile

mejon Wed 11-Feb-15 15:31:21

DD2 turned 4 last week and is still wearing her 18-24m one that looks good as new. I have the next size up waiting in the wardrobe since the sale last winter and then she'll start wearing DD1's old ones.

AmeliaPeabody Wed 11-Feb-15 15:35:44

We have Molo jackets for the colder weather, but they're a lot pricier than the boden anoraks. The Boden anoraks used to be more padded, and warmer, but we're talking dark ages Boden.

FoxyMcFox Wed 11-Feb-15 16:04:48

I notice that they are called "jersey lined" NOT "fleece lined" so I wonder if they are still the same?

here

CocktailQueen Wed 11-Feb-15 16:06:06

Yes! We have had these for both kids for years and they're great - warm, wash well, great quality, bright so you can spot your kid! Perfectly warm enough for winter.

WhereIsMyFurryHat Wed 11-Feb-15 16:21:36

I have a couple for two of my boys, they're great all rounder coats. Warm enough for the British (SE anyway) winters, good in the rain, wash well etc.

MincePieDiet Wed 11-Feb-15 20:09:08

Foxy the jersey lined ones are summer ones only. We also buy these too as once again wash well and retain their colour and shape. The winter ones are fleece lined.

FoxyMcFox Wed 11-Feb-15 20:17:06

Oh ok Mince. Didn't know that. I wonder which one the OP has bought then as I can't see the fleece lined ones on the website anymore.

yazzy85 Wed 11-Feb-15 21:00:05

I made sure to buy the fleece one, I searched for it on Google and the link came up, it wasn't showing on their website for me either. I remember the. being recommended on mumsnet so just searched for them. Link below for it.
I ordered the pink and blue one, £24 delivered is not a bad price I think.

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Clearance/Girls-1H-12yrs-Coats-Jackets/Coats/35104/Girls-1H-12yrs-Fleece-Lined-Anorak.html

VeronicaCaCa Wed 11-Feb-15 21:02:43

That's a good price. I've sold used ones for £15-£20 on ebay so they are a good investment!

Orangeanddemons Wed 11-Feb-15 21:03:40

Jersey is t shirt material nt fleece. The jersey lined ones are he summer version of the fleece lined ones. They are not warm

MincePieDiet Wed 11-Feb-15 21:25:02

Also worth trying the boden clearance eBay shop too.

TapStepBallChange Wed 11-Feb-15 21:35:59

I bought that one for DD 18 months ago and it's worn well. Washes well and still looks good

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: