Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Advice on nursing bra fit & HotMilk styles

(13 Posts)
SK28 Wed 11-Feb-15 11:24:42

Just thought I'd see if any bra fitting experts know how some of the HotMilk styles come up. I'm almost 2 weeks post-partum and desperately need a good-fitting nursing bra (I'm wearing soft crop-top styles from M&S right now but am feeling the lack of support). I've measured myself at 32" exactly underbust and 38" cup (bending at the waist and measuring round) so I'm thinking I need 32F - is that right? Should I expect my size to change a lot - I'm breastfeeding and my milk came in quite early.

I'm looking at HotMilk First Light, Mode, Iridescent and My Necessity (sleep bra) as they are some of the cheapest styles. Any idea how these come up size-wise? Otherwise I'll just order them all in 32F and see how they are when they arrive.

Thanks!

moggle Wed 11-Feb-15 18:46:26

Hiya, I recently measured myself the same way and also came up as a 32 F. I ordered a 32 F in the Forevwr yours style and it was ok but the cups were too "tall" for me- sounds weird but they got in the way when I bent over! I am fairly short, 5'4", which I think affected it. I sent them back and got a 32DD, this fit much better. The 6 rows of hooks and eyes on the back make the sizing much more flexible than a normal bra.

Would say that the returns process was really easy so definitely order a bunch. I'd perhaps order a couple of sizes in a couple of styles rather than one size in a whole range of styles. I've actually got a few nursing bras now from mothercare, m&s and hot milk and none are the size i measured myself at!

Chchchchanging Wed 11-Feb-15 20:36:55

Panache Sophie; nursing and pretty
Bravado t shirt nursing; solid and good for shape but size up- they're dual sized
Elle McPherson pretty but didn't do my size

Chchchchanging Wed 11-Feb-15 20:37:55

And go to bravissimo- they're so helpful and have seen many a big baby boob wink

TinklyLittleLaugh Wed 11-Feb-15 20:42:57

I think HotMilk is a rather horrid brand name; bringing sexiness into breastfeeding. hmm

ElphabaTheGreen Wed 11-Feb-15 20:48:23

Go to Bravissimo to get fitted properly, yes, but avoid their nursing bras like the plague. They are uniformly haaaaaah-ribble!

The size they tell you you are (without using tape measures which is the best way to do it) is pretty much bang on what you'll be in all brands of bra.

beckworth Wed 11-Feb-15 20:51:51

Another vote for the panache sophie.

beckworth Wed 11-Feb-15 20:55:01

One of the very few nursing bras I found that didn't give me pointy boobs. And it fitted in exactly the size that bravissimo said I was.

JackieTheFart Thu 12-Feb-15 10:47:18

I had two HotMilk bras while breastfeeding- the only ones that fitted me! They are pretty true to size. Get measured in Bravissimo first.

I spent £££ on an underworld nursing bra and it was shit.

BouleSheet Thu 12-Feb-15 10:54:34

I went to a lingerie shop that sold HotMilk and got measured and bought one bra then ordered a few others online (from [[http://www.breastmates.co.nz/ here) - they were extremely comfortable, pretty and practical and I thought they were good value all in all.

BouleSheet Thu 12-Feb-15 10:55:14

Oops - forgot my second brackets so: THIS website

SK28 Sun 15-Feb-15 16:09:26

Thanks all. I can't easily get to a bravissimo unfortunately. I think I'll try Mothercare or JL tomorrow otherwise I'll just order a bunch online and hope some fit!

Khalessi Sun 15-Feb-15 20:02:48

I've still got my Hotmilk bras, they were expensive but lasted beautifully, I really rate them.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: