Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What colour accessories with this dress?

(7 Posts)
mariahalfpint Wed 11-Feb-15 10:21:20

Hi ladies this is my first thread smile I wonder if you can help me.... I have an all day invitation to a wedding in April and I think I have found the perfect dress :D Now I would like to get a hatinator/hair accessorie and shoes, bag etc but I'm stumped as to what colour to go for... I prefer not to have black if I can avoid it was thinking nudes or pink or blue of course. I think the shade of blue is a bit unusual (not the usual cobalt/electric blue). Anyway here is a link to the dress I'm eyeing up www.divacatwalk.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=perth

FauxFox Wed 11-Feb-15 10:53:33

I think blue would be too matchy and black too harsh you're right.

I think nude, muted/matt metallics (gold/bronze/silver), grey or maybe leopard/snakeskin would work.

mariahalfpint Wed 11-Feb-15 11:09:00

I am the same as you fauxfox I don't like being too matchy matchy I like mixing things up a bit.. smile

Hoppinggreen Wed 11-Feb-15 11:41:15

Wouldn't go leopard print but I think a grey/silver snakeskin would go

Lj8893 Wed 11-Feb-15 11:43:29

Yes silver would be nice, or yellow? But you would have to get the right shade of yellow, would need to be quite bright without being tacky!

MimiSunshine Wed 11-Feb-15 11:54:55

I would go quite bright with bag and fascinator in a sort of colour blocking / contrasting way, maybe something like this from Etsy So you could have either a pink or orange box clutch and nude or pale gold heels.

Strappy heels would be good in a pale nude / gold as they would be 'invisible' on your feet, jewellery i'd keep really minimal and fine on the neck and wrist.

HappyGirlNow Wed 11-Feb-15 12:56:03

I wore a long dress exactly the same colour to a ball last year.. I wore gold/bronze bag and shoes and accessories..

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: