Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Women in their twenties and thirties...What face serum do you use and what do you think of it?

(20 Posts)
Juno321 Wed 11-Feb-15 08:15:49

What face serum do you use? If at all?

I'm only in my mid twenties so I realise I don't need anything too heavy yet serum wise. I've been using Estée Lauder advanced night repair but I'm coming to the end of the bottle now and whilst I've liked it i'm hoping to find something a bit more economical.
What serums do you ladies use, particularly those with younger skin? But answers from ladies of any age would be helpful also smile

Nolim Wed 11-Feb-15 08:19:29

I dont use it

TheMD Wed 11-Feb-15 08:20:39

I use EE Night Repair in the evenings, same as you. To be honest, I have struggled to find anything with so many great ingredients for less money. EXCEPT Vichy Aqualia serum which I use in the mornings (it is £17ish for 30ml). I like using different products morning and night but maybe I should just get over myself...

afghanda Wed 11-Feb-15 09:54:07

I use the Body Shop Vitamin E one overnight: www.thebodyshop.co.uk/shop-by-range/vitamin-e/vitamin-e-overnight-serum-in-oil-28ml.aspx It's brilliant and you'd never know it was only £13.00 - the results are better than more expensive serums I've tried.

During the day, I'm currently using Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Youth Activating Oil, which I am really impressed with. However, as the main ingredient is rosehip oil, I suspect that you'd get similar results from a bottle of rosehip oil and it would be much cheaper.

yazzy85 Wed 11-Feb-15 10:12:05

I'm 29 and use the Soap and Glory one in the silver casing, I find its better than some of the pricier ones I've tried before.

Steben Wed 11-Feb-15 10:14:53

I am a big fan on face oils - decleor mainly.

BunnyLebowski Wed 11-Feb-15 11:04:29

Hydraluron and I don't think it does anything at all.

DidThatSeriouslyJustHappen Wed 11-Feb-15 11:21:09

I'm 30, but I hope I'm still allowed to post here wink

I have been using the EL ANR on and off for a year or so (at night only) and when I first started using it, I noticed a big difference quite quickly. Not sure with what exactly, because I didn't/don't have proper wrinkles etc yet, but my skin just looked brighter and I was getting a lot of compliments, which was nice grin However, after a month or so, I thought my skin was just getting used to it and was looking a little dull and tired again. When I stopped using it though, I could really tell. So I'm not sure if it's a case that my skin got used to it and so stopped working as well, or if I simply got used to seeing my skin looking better, so it didn't have the wow factor anymore. Anyway, started using it again recently and my skin looks better again. That's about as clear as mud grin but to sum up, I think it works well overall.

I use the NO 7 P&P in the day time and I really like that. When I used it at night as well though, my skin broke out, so I wouldn't reccommend using it twice a day. You might be able to get away with it if you have dry skin though.

DidThatSeriouslyJustHappen Wed 11-Feb-15 11:30:50

Ooops, sorry Op. I read your title as 'women in their twenties'. Don't feel quite so old now! wink

BallroomWithNoBalls Wed 11-Feb-15 11:42:30

None - I prefer oils. Currently Nuxe oil which is ok, but my fave is Neal's Yard Rose Facial Oil.

AndWhenYouGetThere Wed 11-Feb-15 11:57:51

Nivea. Cheap and cheerful.

santamarianovella Wed 11-Feb-15 12:38:36

I use vitaminC serum, great stuff, leaves my skin dewy and fresh looking,even when I haven't slept properly,

BallroomWithNoBalls Wed 11-Feb-15 12:48:05

What brand santamaria?

I was looking at the Body shop vit c range, it looks lovely.

santamarianovella Wed 11-Feb-15 13:06:30

ballroom I use the obagi one, I get it from my dermatologist, but you have to be very careful and not allow it to discolour.

SASASI Wed 11-Feb-15 13:43:43

I'm waiting on this to be delivered, it's on offer at the minute www.boots.com/en/LOreal-Paris-Extraordinary-Rebalancing-Facial-Oil_1649029/

SASASI Wed 11-Feb-15 13:45:28

Oops just noticed it is out of stock! Hope mine still arrives. If it does & it's any gd I'll update the thread.

jonicomelately Wed 11-Feb-15 13:49:14

The best serum I've ever used is Lush's Full of Grace. It's exceptionally good and I've tried plenty of them over the years. If I wear it under make-up I use a primer to take the shine away. It's the nicest smelling product I've ever used and all natural ingredients too.

avagosling Thu 12-Feb-15 14:57:28

I think it's just a way to sell us more products. I stick to the basics and that works great. Oils all the way for me, especially rosehip, moringa and tamanu

cocoblu Thu 12-Feb-15 18:03:51

im 36 and have been using bobbi brown extra treatment lotion since last july and have really noticed the difference, u only need 2 or 3 drops, its has really made a difference to skin redness and the the texture, it's pricey but I have seen visible difference, I have also used Balance hyaluronic acid serum which is about £4 on amazon which is also fab, at night though I use a facial oil, boots botanics organic oil which I have repurchased numerous times.

OneLittleLady Thu 12-Feb-15 18:11:06

I don't use one as I find the bring me out in spots no matter which one i'm using. I just use richer moisturisers and my skin is fine, dry but otherwise fine, very few spots, no fine lines or wrinkles etc. I might use one if I feel my skin needs it later down the line though and I can find one that doesn't make me spotty

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: