Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How old were you when you first noticed signs of aging?

(68 Posts)
McSqueezy Tue 10-Feb-15 19:47:52

I'm in my late 20s now. I don't have any obvious wrinkles, but I have noticed my face looks more...mature, shall we say. I've been sort of noticing changes for the past year or so. Having young children and no sleep probably doesn't help!

dyslexicdespot Tue 10-Feb-15 19:51:23

I was about 3. Couldn't resist- sorry! ;-)

McSqueezy Tue 10-Feb-15 19:51:58

sad hehe. Oh dear!

MaeMobley Tue 10-Feb-15 19:54:44

I am still pretty much wrinkle free at 45 BUT my face has started sagging (jowls, eye bags) & I have noticed a certain crepey quality in my neck (& DH's).

This is all in the last 3-4 years.

Saurus72 Tue 10-Feb-15 19:57:08

Yes, at 41 not really wrinkles but dullness, and the starting of crepeyness around my eyes.

Saurus72 Tue 10-Feb-15 20:00:15

Sorry, meant to add that I only really noticed this within the past couple of years. It seemed to happen quite suddenly.

flanjabelle Tue 10-Feb-15 20:03:33

I'm 24 and since having dd I have started to look older. I have noticed slight lines around my eyes. I only noticed because it's more difficult to do an eyeliner flick as the skin isn't flat if that makes sense.

mummypig14 Tue 10-Feb-15 20:04:25

I'm 24 and feel like I've started to notice. I've nearly back to pre-baby weight so have been looking back at photos to compare and I look sooo much younger in comparison. I was 20 when I fell pregnant so not that long ago but I've got faint lines on my forehead I didn't used to have, my hands are wrinkley and I my teeth aren't so white

museumum Tue 10-Feb-15 20:05:21

Not till 35/36 but that's when I had my ds - coincidence???

MehsMum Tue 10-Feb-15 20:06:22

At 22 I noticed a couple of grey hairs.

Other than that, not a lot happened till I was about 35. Then my face started to sag and my always-crap skin began to look old. I console myself by telling myself that I have a good bone structure.

mowglik Tue 10-Feb-15 20:07:11

Around 27 - just one slight mouth to nose wrinkle but I suspect it had more to do with losing baby fat in my face - skinnier face equals a more mature look

rambunctious Tue 10-Feb-15 20:08:46

44 and in the last couple of years I've started to notice the odd grey hair. My skin is beginning to look old. Not wrinkly, as such, but, well, less glowing.

Nervo Tue 10-Feb-15 20:09:06

My best age was 30.

I started aging at about 35. I'm almost 39 now and the rate at which I am aging is speeding up.

noddyholder Tue 10-Feb-15 20:10:08

I am 49 and I would say I looked pretty much the same up until about 46/47. No grey hair yet but skin needs more effort and just a general knackered look that is harder to shift!

Only1scoop Tue 10-Feb-15 20:10:32

About 37 badly....

specialsubject Tue 10-Feb-15 20:10:43

did get a shock one day when I spotted the crinkles round the eyes but that's a few years back. Really can't remember when.

being tired really shows now (just off 50). But what the heck - better than the alternative!

nothing to be done anyway so not worth worrying about.

nottheOP Tue 10-Feb-15 20:15:14

I'm 28 and have crows feet when I smile. It makes me sad!

LumionaMoonsplash Tue 10-Feb-15 20:15:53

1st grey hair at 20. No wrinkles yet but that's down to my fat plumping up the skin.

TwentiethCenturyGirl Tue 10-Feb-15 20:17:27

I'm early/mid 30s and have had my second DC within the last 12 months. Since having her, I've noticed signs of aging - the beginnings of fine lines around my eyes and smile lines.

I had my eldest at 30 and look positively youthful in photos after having her when compared to now!

SoMuchForSubtlety Tue 10-Feb-15 20:18:32

I've had wrinkles since I was in my early 20s but then I grew up in a very sunny country with parents who weren't very sunscreen conscious. I prefer looking older - people take me more seriously.

velourvoyageur Tue 10-Feb-15 20:20:53

When I was 17, under my eye, when I smiled.
Noticed it on nearly everyone else my age too.

I haven't seen anyone over the age of 18 with no wrinkles whatsoever. Maybe I have a different definition of wrinkles though.

Girlsbrigadewashorrible Tue 10-Feb-15 20:30:18

38, soon after DC3 was born and we were in the midst of extending our house. I looked in the mirror and noticed my first really significant wrinkle. It's been a steady decline ever since.

Upatree Tue 10-Feb-15 20:52:02

35 - I started getting my first grey hairs and the bottom half of my face started to "sag". Also, my hair, my lips and my eyebrows seemed to get thinner - I started using an eyebrow pencil for the first time ever.

maybemyrtle Tue 10-Feb-15 20:55:44

First grey at 21, lots of it now but I dye it away. General skin dullness set in around 35, and I'm looking generally a bit "tired" but no real wrinkles yet (38). I'm told I don't look my age.

Of course my face crumples a bit when I smile/frown etc but it's always done that so I don't count it - should I?

Yika Tue 10-Feb-15 21:02:42

I feel I looked good until about 44. Then suddenly a majorly knackered look set in. It may be because I had my DD at 43 and did in fact become majorly knackered once I went back to work. I think some grey hair appeared around 40 but I deluded myself they were just very light blonde hairs for some years. At some point the truth was undeniable. I cannot shake off the eye bags now, though a long relaxing holiday goes some way to help. I have a crepey neck, and my upper arms wrinkle in certain positions. I feel like a worn out old drudge. I am 48.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: