Talk

Advanced search

Help me find my dream leather hobo bag please!

(16 Posts)
Brookville Tue 10-Feb-15 19:47:10

Hello Ladies, I'm turning 40 this year and think it's high time I treated myself to a lovely bag that will last and make me feel proud. This has been a long search.... Criteria are:
-not black
-a single handle long enough to go over shoulder (with additional detachable cross-body strap)
-leather
-external pocket
-roomy but not absolutely massive (I want to carry a SLR camera in there with purse, brolley etc)
-under £150

One I like is the marc jacobs but it's too expensive and black and maybe a little small.

Any ideas of other brands I might try?
Thanks so much!

Dancergirl Tue 10-Feb-15 21:24:31

Peony and Moore?

toastandmarmiterocks Tue 10-Feb-15 21:54:41

Ooo, watching with interest, I could have written your post OP. I really like this one [http://www.peonyandmoore.com/product_info.php?products_id=142&cPath=0_12]

toastandmarmiterocks Tue 10-Feb-15 21:55:38

Oh bummer, crappy link. I'm on my phone, can't remember how to do it properly...

Brookville Tue 10-Feb-15 21:58:15

Toast I'm out down the pub! Ill have a look later when I'm on the desktop so can check links. Have a look at Liebeskind. They sell on Amazon. I have a wallet from them. It's divine.

Dancergirl Tue 10-Feb-15 22:37:07

Which one is it toast?

TheCraicDealer Wed 11-Feb-15 00:06:03

My boyfriend got me (at my request- he's not that good) this Grey&gclid=CPC52aTL2MMCFUWWtAodYTUAdA bag from whistles for Christmas. I got Oxblood which they don't have any more, but they still have black, navy and dark grey on stock. It's FAB, pretty much exactly what I was looking for- hobo-y but still smart enough for work, little pockets and a shoulder strap that converts to a cross body. And the inside is beige which makes finding shit in my jam packed handbag easier.

PoppyAmex Wed 11-Feb-15 07:04:11

This is on my list and won't break the bank.

southeastastra Wed 11-Feb-15 07:11:40

i have this in pink it's lovely and big. though you can probably get cheaper than this link.

southeastastra Wed 11-Feb-15 07:12:13

oops sorry no outside pocket

Brookville Wed 11-Feb-15 07:22:42

Great! Going to check Peony& Moore. I hadn't thought about Whistles, French Connection or Massimo Duti. Thanks all! Why are they so expensive though, these leather bags? Is there a massive margin on them?

SoljaBonita Wed 11-Feb-15 07:33:04

If you are not fussed about Brands perhaps try aliexpress and buy one direct from manufacturer? Though its wise to check feedback carefully before ordering.

PrimalLass Wed 11-Feb-15 07:41:01

Are you sure about a hobo bag? I absolutely hated mine - everything disappears into a great, dark, jumble of stuff.

southeastastra Wed 11-Feb-15 07:52:43

i got my pink french connection one for £50 on ebay! def try the bay

Brookville Wed 11-Feb-15 08:24:06

Prima I know what you mean. I think if it's not too big and with internal pockets for keys, pen, make up etc I'll be ok. I have one from here which is a good shape but it's leatherette and has a few nicks in it so getting scruffy.

Brookville Wed 11-Feb-15 08:25:08

Solja didn't know of aliexpress press so will look.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: