Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Trousers for the pear-shaped that don't produce sausage legs?

(8 Posts)
Peregrin Tue 10-Feb-15 15:25:58

The last time I bought trousers was somewhere around 2007. I am still wearing that pair of jeans but they are on their last leg (so to speak). I also have no time to shop in brick and mortar establishments as I have a full time job and a small child.

I am not a fan of the look of jeans/trousers that cling to your leg, but neither do I like wide legged fashions. Those two styles seem to make up most of what is currently on offer. I think I am looking for a chic straight cut that does not make my bum look enormous, does not gape at the waist, preferably does not come up to my armpits, will not fall apart after a wash, and is not cropped (I am 5'10 and my ankles are not shapely). My one pair of jeans is a size 10 from Zara, which just about buttons up. Ideally I would need something that passes for weekend wear but also for casual Friday at the office if necessary.

I liked the look of navy velvet Massimo Dutti trousers on an extremely thin friend, but on me they clung to my legs and made me look imbalanced.

Help?

maybemyrtle Tue 10-Feb-15 15:39:47

I'm a pear and most of my trousers are skinny jeans from Uniqlo. M&S Autograph range (the other ranges are cut differently) are imo pear-friendly, maybe also try Monsoon or Mint Velvet. You have 5 inches on me though so not sure how useful this is. Trousers are a bugger.

Peregrin Fri 13-Feb-15 21:12:59

Thank you for the tips maybemyrtle.

nooddsocksforme Fri 13-Feb-15 22:27:16

You are 5'10 and can wear a size 10. I am 5 '4 and am happy to be a size 10. You must look amazing at whatever you wear-take advantage

Rivercam Fri 13-Feb-15 22:32:42

I know this is against Mumsnet's usual advice, but bootcut are a Pears's best friend. They suit us pears and flatten our shape. Plenty of shops still sell them, despite them apparently being out of date now. I love 'em.

applecatchers36 Fri 13-Feb-15 22:36:34

Peg leg trousers might suit you. Toast had some nice ones.

www.toa.st

Redhead11 Fri 13-Feb-15 22:38:00

Try simply Be. they have a lot of different styles, with different leg lengths, too. Catalogue or shops.

libertychick Sat 14-Feb-15 00:06:30

I am pear shaped and have just bought 'harrie' chinos from monsoon. Great fit. Size down. Not sure if they do long. I am 5ft 6 and the regular fit is just right for me. For jeans Gap are good and if you can afford to go premium Paige are amazing. Or try TKMaxx for J Brand (they have them ATM) or Not Your Daughters Jeans (they get them in fairly regularly).

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: