Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hair, skin & nails vitamins

(6 Posts)
ChlorinePerfume Mon 09-Feb-15 21:09:52

Fingernails are a bit rubbish at the moment. Hair and skin are fine. I'm thinking about taking a supplement for a month or so to see if it makes a difference. Anyone tried them & did they really make a difference? I would like to get some but on the other hand thinking it is probably a waste of money.

Thank you.

mooth Mon 09-Feb-15 21:46:17

I'm taking Perfectil at the moment. TBH I really can't notice a difference. My skin, hair, nails all look okay.... (Not helpful, sorry).

burnishedsilver Mon 09-Feb-15 22:25:12

They really help with my hair but have done nothing for my nails.

ChlorinePerfume Tue 10-Feb-15 06:59:36

Just noticed that the multivitamins I take in the morning, centrum are also supposed to cover hair & nails. So no point getting another supplement I guess. Thanks anyway..

ireallydontlikemonday Tue 10-Feb-15 07:30:01

When I took fold acid I had the most amazing nails. It features pretty highly in the ingredients list of the hair and nail formulations and is dirt cheap.

AuntieMaggie Tue 10-Feb-15 07:32:06

My sister swears by gelatin as in lots of jelly!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: