Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

dungarees?

(16 Posts)
leedy Mon 09-Feb-15 17:42:07

I've been pretty frugal so far this year but am weirdly tempted by a pair of denim dungarees like these to wear with fitted t-shirts for Spring.

Are they in fact (as my "I have been staring at code for too long" brain suggests) cute as a button or will they make me look like a)a mad BBC children's TV presenter or b)as if I am trying to dress like my toddler in some sort of Motherboy scenario? Answers on a postcard....

Greengardenpixie Mon 09-Feb-15 17:46:21

Dungarees have mixed reviews. I personally love them. I have those very dungarees. I havent worn them yet..but they are really lovely and a grown up style as opposed to a pair of childish old enough to remember andypandy vaguelly bbc presenter ones. I think the key is to have a slightly wide leg for me. Suits my shape.
Wait for the huge tidal wave of negativity regarding dungarees....but do make up your own mind.

dexter73 Mon 09-Feb-15 17:48:37

I'm not a fan of dungarees but if you have to get some find a more fitted pair. Those look really baggy and ankle-swinging on the model and the back view is best forgotten.

Greengardenpixie Mon 09-Feb-15 17:48:41

Im looking for a nice fitted tee to match mine. I love what the lady in the picture is wearing with them:

d3c707rd4l0ogp.cloudfront.net/content-images/lookbook/700/AW15004_WEB_PreCollection_Lookbook_12.jpg

BlueEyedWonder Mon 09-Feb-15 17:49:02

I've seen a couple of fashion bloggers style them really well and I like the look of them.

Greengardenpixie Mon 09-Feb-15 17:49:37

Imo the back view is very much worse on neat fit ones!! I have tried many on!!

IHaveBrilloHair Mon 09-Feb-15 17:54:51

They look a bit baggy to me, and tentish, also very expensive.
I do like dungarees generally though, have a shorts pair for casual t shirt converse wearing.

Greengardenpixie Mon 09-Feb-15 17:56:43

The toast models make everything look crap. They are really nice on. Tbh, the only issue i have with them is the length. They are fine for me at 5ft 5 but i think any taller and you may be struggling. They are meant to have a straight widish leg. These are not meant to be tight.

Floisme Mon 09-Feb-15 18:00:30

I won't be wearing them again but I think they're fun.

dexter73 Mon 09-Feb-15 18:09:53

Tbh I think the back view on dungarees is always a problem no matter what the fit!

AmberNectarine Mon 09-Feb-15 18:09:55

I wear em and I love em

CointreauVersial Mon 09-Feb-15 18:51:42

Come On Eileen.

Floisme Mon 09-Feb-15 18:57:53

Too-Rye-Ay smile

Petal02 Mon 09-Feb-15 19:00:57

Yeah, I'm thinking Kevin Rowland too. Or perhaps Bananarama in the Cruel Summer video?

WhereIsMyFurryHat Mon 09-Feb-15 19:25:26

I love them, I bought the £29.99 H&M ones (not online) a few weeks back and they're a good shape, the black denim is a bit less kids TV presenter as well.

WhereIsMyFurryHat Mon 09-Feb-15 19:26:50

These are the ones I have.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: