Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Tweezers please

(10 Posts)
itsbetterthanabox Mon 09-Feb-15 14:49:06

Looking for a great pair.
I know tweezerman are meant to be the best but they are very pricey.
Any cheaper equally good ones?

MrsBertMacklin Mon 09-Feb-15 14:51:41

I've seen quite a few recommendations for Mr. Mascara.

Tweezerman are really good though and once bought, stay sharp forever.

DefinitelyNotElsa Mon 09-Feb-15 14:54:02

I'd definitely recommend Tweezerman tweezers - IMO they are well worth the cost.

NorbertDentressangle Mon 09-Feb-15 14:55:57

Tweezerman - I've had mine for years and years and they are still as good as the day I bought them but DP is aware that he is not to use them for any fiddly DIY or bike repair jobs otherwise I'll kill him

slug Mon 09-Feb-15 15:19:11

The best tweezers I have come from DH's university dissection kit. They are nearly <<cough>> 30 <<cough>> years old and are still better than anything else I've tried.

Pippin8 Mon 09-Feb-15 15:21:46

Another vote for tweezerman. I got a mini pair, a full sized pair & a magnifying mirror with light from Costco for £25.

GlaceCherries Mon 09-Feb-15 15:29:14

I have 2 pairs of Rubis tweezers which are much loved (slanted pair and pointed pair) and still in great nick after almost 20 years. Brilliantly sharp, I've bought them as gifts for dear friends. You can get them on amazon or Liberty

itsbetterthanabox Mon 09-Feb-15 15:58:15

I suppose if they will last I should splash out!
What are pointed ones for btw? Are they any better?

GlaceCherries Mon 09-Feb-15 16:10:35

Actually I rarely use the pointed ones as the slanted pairs are sharp enough, but they're good if you want to do a bit of "digging" grin

Iamnotaplumber Mon 09-Feb-15 17:00:54

Best I've ever had (and I lost them last week sad) are from the Body Shop - could just be that particular pair, but they are brilliant. Are, not were. I will find them!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: