Advanced search

Best jeans/trousers for tall skinny toddler

(10 Posts)
Jemimapuddleduk Mon 09-Feb-15 09:11:56

Just that really. My dd is coming up to 2 years old and we are struggling to get trousers that are long enough but slim in fit. A friend passed on some gap jeans which are great but they don't seem to stock them anymore.

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 09-Feb-15 09:46:44

I found mothercare trousers quite long and slimmer fit, maybe have a look in their current range? I haven't bought from there for a while. Mine mostly wears leggings for this same reason, she's 2.4y and was wearing 2-3y size, I had to go back down a size after she came out of nappies as they were hanging off her.

Ujjayi Mon 09-Feb-15 10:29:46

H&M and Boden. Gap would have been my other suggestion but I see you've already tried there.

addictedtosugar Mon 09-Feb-15 10:38:46

H&M with adjustable waists.

ArcheryAnnie Mon 09-Feb-15 10:54:38

Add a pair of clip-on braces. Magic.

DarylDixonsDarlin Mon 09-Feb-15 11:35:56

Yes braces are popular at the moment, that is a good idea smile I don't personally like them but children seem to! H and M were the only ones that were slim enough for my bigger DS, actually just remembered Lidl trousers are quite slim fitting too wink

weaselsquirrel Mon 09-Feb-15 14:20:34

What about dungarees? My youngest son was 2 in November and is very big he was measured a few days after his birthday and was over 104cm and three and a half stone! So trousers don't fit him right so he tends to live in dungarees but its hard finding them in age 3-4 or just 4yrs.

Jemimapuddleduk Mon 09-Feb-15 15:07:48

Thank you all. Will check out h&m and lidl. Boden tend to be abit short to fit properly on the waist. Once the weather gets better she can go back to leggings and tops/dresses.

Loftyjen Mon 09-Feb-15 19:58:38

Verbaudet might've worth a peek - they do trousers with different fits (inc skinny leg) & adjustable waistband.
Worth checking the size guides regarding height & weight to judge which size to buy. Gap jeans seem to fit on the skinny side too (although I had to alter knitted leggings as they were huge round the waist!)
My DD is 4yo, not quite 1m tall & weighs about 14kg so empathise with the search!

fishybits Mon 09-Feb-15 20:02:38

DD is just three and is taller than most four year olds. I found TU cords for 4-5 years fit her best. Got ours off eBay.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now