Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Easter Fancy Dress

(17 Posts)
rachelmonday1 Sun 08-Feb-15 17:42:32

OK Mumsnetters, my wife and I are off to a fancy dress party at the end of March. There is no theme, but as it will be almost Spring we thought about having Spring-themed outfits. Some of you will already know that I crossdress, and will be doing so for this party. All ideas welcome!

herecomesthsun Sun 08-Feb-15 19:45:36

have a look on the zulily website

rachelmonday1 Sun 08-Feb-15 19:55:18

some fab stuff on there herecomesthesun, but all current fashions. I was thinking more of a Spring-themed costume. The best we've thought of so far is Easter Bunnies, but far too hot!

herecomesthsun Sun 08-Feb-15 20:28:02

They have been doing Easter themed outfits over the weekend, mainly for children but there looked to be some adult ones too. There is a rapid turnover though.

Stuff with Easter eggs, daffodils or other spring flowers or in pastel shades would look appropriate to Spring.

It might be fun to find some Ascot-appropriate outfits that complement each other, with hats perhaps.

Boden have some dresses of the sort that would look ok for a spring wedding (that's where I would look for me) - I like cottons and natural fibres in warm weather if possible.

Sounds like fun!

herecomesthsun Sun 08-Feb-15 20:29:47

Looking on Ebay for pastel wedding guest type outfits might be another, economical way of approaching this, often you can get a real bargain for a well made outfit that has been worn once,with accessories thrown in too.

FauxFox Mon 09-Feb-15 10:55:32

What about Easter Bonnets? Google image search "New York Easter Bonnet Parade" there are some amaaaaazing hats!

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:07:20

That's a great idea FauxFox! Maybe with an Eliza Dolittle style or something. I'll run it past The Boss when she gets home smile

PureMorning Mon 09-Feb-15 12:10:39

Fun but formal

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:26:48

OMG PureMorning!!!! I totally love that!!! Rather impractical though as I think we'd both melt!! Right idea though smile

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 12:52:45

Found some fab hats when searching for New York Easter Parade!

FauxFox Mon 09-Feb-15 14:50:26

Love this one made of spring flowers flowers

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 15:25:51

I think I'd keep bumping into things if I wore that! smile

hellsbellsmelons Mon 09-Feb-15 15:49:34

Or you could be a chick?

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 16:03:16

I love that one too Hellsbellsmelons, but yellow is so not my colour!!!!!!

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 16:10:53

All I can find so far are Bonnets, Bees, Chicks and Lambs. Maybe a Spring theme just wouldn't work sad

FauxFox Mon 09-Feb-15 16:31:29

A flower? A butterfly?

rachelmonday1 Mon 09-Feb-15 16:40:56

I've been trying to find a Butterfly costume, but no real joy yet. Nearest to it is a bumble-bee (yellow again) or a fairy, which I think given the circumstances is tempting fate! lol

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: