Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Banana Republic trousers - fit?

(10 Posts)
looki Sat 07-Feb-15 20:23:34

Can anyone tell me the difference please? I have to order online and I can't try on before buying as there isn't a BR near me. I think I'm going to buy these (Straight)ones or the same in the Sloan fit.

Does anyone have either and would they recommend please? I bought a similar pair in black in H&M and am wondering if its worth paying more for the BR ones? They look very nice.

bananarepublic.gap.eu/browse/product.do?cid=57998&vid=1&pid=000187079U014-17343

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Sat 07-Feb-15 20:25:39

Sloan fit is made for bottoms and thighs. Mine are big and I love the fit and quality. I would size down slightly if you are a borderline size.

DontKillMyVibe Sat 07-Feb-15 20:27:25

Yep, size down in BR if you're borderline

looki Sat 07-Feb-15 20:32:10

Oh thats interesting. I'm a 10-12 so I'll order a 10. Thank you.

Does anyone have these trousers? Are they ok on? Nice even? I'm having an awful time buying work trousers I feel nice in.

southeastastra Sat 07-Feb-15 20:32:33

yes def go down a size I bought some grey Sloanes and got 12 and I'm usually 14 or 30 waist

looki Sat 07-Feb-15 20:35:15

Do I need to size down if I go for the Straight leg too?

I really don't know which ones to go for.... I don't want the hassle of buying both and returning one.

What shoes do you all wear with them please?

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Sat 07-Feb-15 20:40:13

I love them. I buy the petite range as I am short, but I still have to wear them with heels. Black patent ones, from m and s, as I go for comfort. My Sloans have wool in them, are part lined, and it will buy them again. I have never ever found work trousers to fit so I think they are brilliant.

looki Sat 07-Feb-15 20:51:39

Who are the Straight leg aimed for? My figure is curvy, I don't have a waist, a size 10, approx 9.2 stones. Thighs not very thin, or calves either and a big tummy (sound fab don't I!). That said I'm not very big either, just not in proportion really since having babies.

Anyone any idea which would suit me more?

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Sat 07-Feb-15 20:57:55

I buy Sloan straight leg. I am a 10-12, short at 5'1", about 8 1/2 stone, with relatively big tummy, hips and thighs for my size.

looki Sat 07-Feb-15 21:08:01

Sloan it is then! Thank you everyone.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: