Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

New boots....

(6 Posts)
pinkbear82 Sat 07-Feb-15 20:00:14

My trusty black, very plain knee (ish) length booths died this week. They had a very slight heel. Were clarkes. Cost £35 in the sale a few years ago.

My lovely OH has said he will buy me a new pair. I am awful at actually looking for things for myself. And for letting others buy me things. So lovely people, guide me. I don't want to spend too much of his money and I think I am looking for

Black
Smart ish but casual.
Don't mind the length (would like to be able to wear with jeans, leggings or dresses)
Not a high heel (dodgy knee and have a 20 month old dd to go round With)
Size 6
Something that I feel nice in.

Show me what's out there

pinkbear82 Sun 08-Feb-15 09:54:56

Shameless bump. Just in case any one U.S. Around this morning....

pinkbear82 Sun 08-Feb-15 09:55:31

Is..... Is around. You can be from anywhere grin

Turquoiseblue Sun 08-Feb-15 10:50:09

Hmm I think you need to go try them on to be honest!
Have you looked online for some inspiration ? outnet had some nice florentine and barker recently (decently reduced)
Kurtgeiger online site had lots of their brands (I think ugg, dune, Nine West, etc) good for a look.

pinkbear82 Sun 08-Feb-15 10:58:45

oooh thank you turquoise. I shall have a look and see what there is.
It's the ideas I need, useless at these things! Thank you very much thanks

Turquoiseblue Sun 08-Feb-15 19:19:28

I like quilted bikers - KG have a pair that aren't too 'tough' looking so you could wear with jeans, maybe skirts.

Chelsea type boots maybe too if for under skirts.
KG also do a few that are similar to the steward Weisman 50/50s (again Google will be your friend) if you want a knee high OTK option (I have a suede version- love them.)
70s style seems to be everywhere - block heeled knee high.

Ash jalouse seem to be a perennial favourite too. Though I think they might have had their day ....

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: