Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Smart casual work wardrobe?

(5 Posts)
SweetSorrow Sat 07-Feb-15 19:32:04

I'm back to work next month after maternity leave and I literally have no work clothes anymore so am in need of some help!

I'm a size 14, Tummy still looks a bit pregnant but generally a pear shape. We're allowed to wear jeans but we do need to look on the smarter side. Totally skint so don't want to spend too much and I'll be working 3 days a week. Can anybody please link me to some things I can just order online as I've been searching sites for ages and have no idea how to put outfits together anymore!

Thanks in advance!

SweetSorrow Sat 07-Feb-15 21:45:45

Hopeful bump?

herecomesthsun Sun 08-Feb-15 04:11:07

I went to the Boden website - clearance - on going back to work, and found some dresses for £20-30, dresses were much easier than trying to put together outfits of a morning.

Truckingalong Sun 08-Feb-15 07:49:45

There are loads of threads on here about workwear. Have you searched for any?

BillStickersIsInnocent Sun 08-Feb-15 08:03:29

Have a look on Pinterest for work wear ideas.
When I went back to work I bought a pair of slim fit navy trousers (gap), blazer, tan flats and three different tops (Whistles seam back tee and boden ravello tops). Wore pretty much that for a couple of weeks and then bought another blazer, added tops etc. All within same colour palette so easy to mix and match.

Good luck, going back to work is a big deal (well was for me anyway, being off on maternity really knocked my confidence)

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: