Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Eye make up and contact lenses

(5 Posts)
Workitbabe Sat 07-Feb-15 18:22:53

Hi. Looking for recommendations on eye liner and mascara that is the best for soft contact lens wearers. I am struggling with my lenses being coated and uncomfortable all the time.

TIA

myotherusernameisbetter Sat 07-Feb-15 18:24:46

I go for a waterproof mascara - any one seems fine - it doesn't seem to have the loose fibres you sometimes get- I don't wear eyeliner so cant comment on that.

sooperdooper Sat 07-Feb-15 18:26:52

I've been using Benefit Are they Real mascara and it hasn't irritated my contact lenses smile I don't tend to wear eye liner

Drquin Sat 07-Feb-15 18:33:32

Touch wood I can wear pretty much any eye make up without irritating the old lenses ..... But my preferred mascara is a Chanel one. Ask for a sample at a counter.

Eye liner - I prefer a gel / felt pen (currently using MAC gel liners in various colours) to a pencil. Or a chunky crayon - using Sephora's own brand at the moment. Find a thin pencil drags (which prob does for non-lense wearers too, so that doesn't help, but I can feel it irritate the eyeball).

Eyeshadow - try a cream (texture, not colour!) or a less-cheap brand, as they'll (or should) stay put better, flake less.

Workitbabe Sat 07-Feb-15 22:25:14

Thanks all. I use a felt tip pen style on my top lids so maybe its the mascara. Although had been using that for years with no problems. Pita. Don't use eye shadow. Hey ho.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: