Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Can someone talk to me on plus sized bras and the best place to get them

(12 Posts)
IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sat 07-Feb-15 01:07:39

I could probably do with being remeasured aswell...

I'm a size 28 and wear a 44C...but I fine the side bits that run under my arms (ok ok, that makes sense in my head) are to arrow and I have that over so sexy fat overspill...I need super wide ones!

And I want cleavage yet no matter what sizes but they don't cleavage themselves!

Am I just wearing appallingly fitted bras?!

indecisiveithink Sat 07-Feb-15 01:47:47

As a fellow plus sizer, it is hard. And it's harder the bigger you are. At a size 18 I had a fair few options, at 22 I make do.

How many inches are you under the boobs? About that will be your back size.

Bravissimo do some bras up to a 40 back. Mine was feeling a bit tight so I ordered a 42 online (Amazon) in a few cups sizes to try. Would a 40 fit you? If so go there. I like the panache tango super bra - great side support snd bravissimo are great

Rigby and Pellar have always been good at fitting. But they had ONE bra in my size last time I was there (40J) I would go get measured there and then if they don't have your size go home and do a big online order and try lots of bras. SimplyBe have lots of bigger bras.

My answer is losing weight (stone and a half down already this year hurrah) I miss being a 36 and being able to get nice stuff smile

StatisticallyChallenged Sat 07-Feb-15 08:40:25

If you could measure yourself at home, that would give us a rough idea of the size you will need which would help us point you in the right direction.

measuring guide here

Khalessi Sat 07-Feb-15 09:05:04

Try panache sculptresse for plus women, really comfy sexy bras!

PicInAttic Sat 07-Feb-15 09:30:42

Simplybe do ranges up to 52D ish so at 44C you should be able to use most of their ranges. Online ordering then you can try several at home and return if nec.

polyhymnia Sat 07-Feb-15 12:04:28

The best are definitely Prima Donna. Pricy but worth every penny and look pretty.
You can buy online but I think it's really important to get a fitting first. I go to Rigby and Peller once a year to check my size is still right. Really recommend them if you can get to one.

polyhymnia Sat 07-Feb-15 12:05:30

PS I'm a similar bra size to you, so know you'd have a great choice in Prima Donna.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sat 07-Feb-15 12:11:54

I used to be a 42g and could easily buy bras at m&s, simply yours, yours clothing and if I had some money then the branded ones like panache and triumph.

M&s definitely do a 44c. I just googled them. Someone will be along to say you probably aren't a c cup. I think c would imply quite small boobs? (3-4 cm bigger full bust than back could have that totally wrong though)

Measure yourself using the guise above and then go to m&s and pick up an assortment if bras in that size and try them on. Full cup, balcony, padded, youthful lift etc.

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Sat 07-Feb-15 12:16:01

17 different ones online at m&s. Used to really like the youthful lift ones and still have a couple in a
Smaller size now.

17 on yours clothing as well. These I alway found quite a good fit m.yoursclothing.co.uk/Product/23774

IHopeYouStepOnALegoPiece Sat 07-Feb-15 16:38:25

Wow, thanks all!

For someone of my, ahem, larger stature wink I do have small boobs <sniff>

Rugby and Peller is a good idea, I've heRd great things a out their measuring service...I've been far to embarrassed of my weight the last 2 years, to get measured...but I need to get over that!

Tbh, if the bra is comfy and fits well, I don't mind paying more

Thank you all again!

polyhymnia Sun 08-Feb-15 10:41:28

Definitely don't be embarrassed to go to R and P - they see every possible shape and size there and are very helpful and professional.

polyhymnia Sun 08-Feb-15 10:46:06

PS would definitely recommend a Prima Donna or similar from R and P (or, once you've been measured online) rather than any M and S bras.

A bra is one of the few things - haircut and glasses are two others - that are always with you whatever you wear, so it's really worth investing as much as you can in that. Even more so for those of us with big busts who want to avoid the pillow/monobosom effect, I'd say.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: