Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

How do you wash your lady bits in the shower?

(94 Posts)
citygirl1961 Fri 06-Feb-15 22:02:12

Sorry if this is a bit too sensitive issue but I just wonder how you wash yourself down there in the shower. Do you use a sponge or a flannel or your hands? I don't like using my hands down there and I don't like putting too much shower gel there too or wash cream that I use. I used to have a shower head that came away and I could splash it all over me but this one is different. Sometimes I don't feel really clean down there.

MatildaTheCat Fri 06-Feb-15 22:06:42

hmm, are you really 54 years old and needing advice on washing?

BallroomWithNoBalls Fri 06-Feb-15 22:12:28

You don't like using your hands? I am just confused

But I think a shower you can hold is the best bet. But you do need to get over it and use your hands! It's not unpleasurable grin

ShatnersBassoon Fri 06-Feb-15 22:12:34

Like any other body part with a rag on a stick.

Greengardenpixie Fri 06-Feb-15 22:12:52

Dont want to sound offensive if you are totally genuine but i was rather wondering if you were actually a man?

Naicecuppatea Fri 06-Feb-15 22:15:06

I think this poster is genuine. OP, it should be no different washing there than any other part of your body. No need particularly for shower gel that might irritate, just clean water and often.

TendonQueen Fri 06-Feb-15 22:17:59

Er, I use my hands as I do with the rest of my body. Do you think you should be wearing rubber gloves or something? I don't use any product internally, just externally.

CuttedUpPear Fri 06-Feb-15 22:19:20

Brian, is that you?

NickiFury Fri 06-Feb-15 22:20:20

Mind your own business. There are some things that do not need to he shared on a public forum!

Ledkr Fri 06-Feb-15 22:23:06

I just drag myself along the carpet to clean my foof, like an itchy dog hmm

Ponyphysio Fri 06-Feb-15 22:26:26

Lol !!

Leviticus Fri 06-Feb-15 22:30:50

To echo Matilda, how many years have you been wondering about this?

NickiFury Fri 06-Feb-15 22:36:44

grin Ledkr

Showy Fri 06-Feb-15 22:38:19

bleach and a brillo.

LMGTFY Fri 06-Feb-15 22:40:22

ledkr perfect. Just perfect.

judypoops Fri 06-Feb-15 22:43:50

bleach and a brillo grin

pinkfrocks Fri 06-Feb-15 22:46:32

Style and beauty query? [Hmm]

Assuming you are genuine...

I can't see how a shower is difficult unless it's one that has a fixed head and you can't unhook it to use the hand spray. In which case if it was my own home I'd change the shower.And if you have a bath then that makes it all the easier.

You ought not to use anything perfumed or soapy really on your bits.
Clean warm water. If you feel you can't access the areas in the shower, sit on the loo and pour a jug or clean warm water over your bits and use your hands to slosh it about a bit.

If you are squeamish about touching your vulva, that is another issue altogether.

pinkfrocks Fri 06-Feb-15 22:47:19

or = of warm water

dementedpixie Fri 06-Feb-15 22:48:12

I use a body puff and shower gel all over including my intimate areas and then rinse with the shower head

MrsTawdry Fri 06-Feb-15 22:48:41

Wash it? We're meant to WASH IT!??

arlagirl Fri 06-Feb-15 22:50:27

How sad that women are uncomfortable using their hands to wash themselves.
I suppose masterbation is off the agenda then.

imjustahead Fri 06-Feb-15 22:50:37

I can just flop mine in the sink

pinkfrocks Fri 06-Feb-15 22:50:49

Is this a vagifacial thread in disguise?
The latest way is to steam clean them- ask Gwyneth Paltrow. Or maybe not.

sockssandalsandafork Fri 06-Feb-15 22:51:08

You bunch of meanies! I get what you mean op, at my gym the showers are lovely, posh free shower gel, hit, lovely frosted cubicles ... but the shower head is fixed so unless I do a handstand and then the scissors in the shower my sootikans remains intact!

sometimes I remember to take a flannel with me, other times I use my bikini bottoms as a makeshift flannel confused

pinkfrocks Fri 06-Feb-15 22:52:11

How to steam your vagina

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: