Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Where can I get knickers for dd that don't 'go up her bum'?

(47 Posts)
Orangeanddemons Fri 06-Feb-15 20:55:35

Her terminology not mine. I need some that hug her bum cheeks. Any ideas?

AuntieStella Fri 06-Feb-15 20:56:30

Age?

todayiamfat Fri 06-Feb-15 20:58:26

A bigger size? My dd has 6-7 despite being 5 (and 'average weight') for this very reason.

She takes after her dm blush

Mouldypineapple Fri 06-Feb-15 20:59:36

My dd is 5. Mostly get hers from tesco and she doesn't have that problem.

ashmts Fri 06-Feb-15 21:00:29

Most places, just buy shorts style. I actually need to make sure I get a smallish size to make sure they sit tight and don't ride up rather than go bigger. I got decent ones in Asda last week.

ChippyMinton Fri 06-Feb-15 21:01:46

Traditional style. Sainsburys are good for this.

Orangeanddemons Fri 06-Feb-15 21:02:23

She's 9 but takes an age 11 in clothes

SardineQueen Fri 06-Feb-15 21:02:59

YY shorts style ones.

Loads of places do them john lewis, M&S we have got them from.

MrsPnut Fri 06-Feb-15 21:05:05

My 8 year old just wears boxer shorts and has done since she began to wear pants.

AHatAHatMyKingdomForAHat Fri 06-Feb-15 21:05:21

Shorts style. Make sure they are big enough too.

lurkingaround Fri 06-Feb-15 21:10:18

DD had the same problem. We've tried loads$$ a few and she likes these H&M ones best. Size up, they shrink a bit in the wash.

DavenotChas Fri 06-Feb-15 21:20:31

My daughter has these from m&s they don't have the tight elastic round the legs iyswim, so sit further down her bum cheeks. She is an excellent complainer, but hasn't moaned once about these smile

SuperGlue Fri 06-Feb-15 21:36:37

My dd is a very slim 9yr old and we got her the shorts style from H&M and she LOVES them! I tried one pack to see how she got on and we have now over a period of a couple of months have replaced all her knickers to this style. She is very slight so I get a size smaller than her age and even these were roomy till they were tumble dried a few times. They are nice cotton too

babaluscious Fri 06-Feb-15 21:41:08

Watching this thread with interest as DD has the same issue. After trying larger size pants we also went for shorts style ones in lycra in a larger size but to no avail! She still hates pants!

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Fri 06-Feb-15 21:45:26

Boden pants can't be beaten. Good amount of coverage. Otherwise make sure they are labelled briefs and not bikinis.

Eg these provide ample coverage
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-star-and-stripe-brief-pack-of-5-multi/p1555135?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_16#page_loaded

But these ride up and give dd a 'wedgie'
m.johnlewis.com/mt/www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-girl-horse-print-shortie-knickers-pack-of-3-blue-coral/p1555102?un_jtt_v_pdp=yes&un_jtt_v_from_product=un_product_8#page_loaded

5madthings Fri 06-Feb-15 21:49:09

My dd wears boys fitted boxer short style ones, we currently have the natural history museum Dino ones from m&s. They do plain ones on.bigger sizes which my older boys wear.

SlateSilver Fri 06-Feb-15 23:46:45

Mini Boden. Best possible girls pants. Nothing else as good.

harryhausen Sat 07-Feb-15 00:00:59

I can't do links as I'm on my phone but my dd is 10 and has always loved a big pantgrin

These are your saviour - M&S seamfree cotton Lycra knickers. I recently got very similar from Debenhams as M&S were very low on stock.

Orangeanddemons Sat 07-Feb-15 07:59:32

So briefs rather than bikinis and short styles?

She refuses to even wear knickers at the weekend shock

sockmatcher Sat 07-Feb-15 08:02:24

These.
tablet.hm.com/gb/product/22242?article=22242-F

Turquoiseblue Sat 07-Feb-15 08:03:44

My 5 year old dd is like this.! Refuses to wear knicker shaped pants.
He and m do nice short type ones, Gap too.
Funnily - her 13 y o cousin is the same -my SIL mentioned getting some nice ones from Victoria's Secret for her. (Do they do a teen range maybe ?)

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 07-Feb-15 08:05:03

The primark shorts are fab. and u can get crop tops that match with some of them.

sockmatcher Sat 07-Feb-15 08:05:12

Mine is 3. Complete wasting of time getting anything other than those HM ones. However she wants peppa pig etc so will sometimes tolerate them!

WillPenn Sat 07-Feb-15 08:43:38

Another Mini Boden endorsement here. Their pants are unsurpassable imo. Both my girls wear them and they've been washed and washed and are still going strong....

Orangeanddemons Sat 07-Feb-15 08:46:35

But the price of the mini Boden ones shock

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: