Talk

Advanced search

DVF wrap dresses

(5 Posts)
BCBG Fri 06-Feb-15 17:46:33

Anyone a fan? I have got to that certain age where I want to wear dresses but almost everything I find is too young for me (Reiss etc). Bombshell doesn't really do it for me either. I love the DVF jersey dresses but Im worried that they will a) be too short and b) cling to lumps. Im a mid 50's size 12 5'5" and curvy, not as toned as I was, sadly. Would really appreciate advice please!

Twinklestein Fri 06-Feb-15 17:59:38

Big fan of all DvF. Love the wrap dresses. I'm 5'5", they definitely won't be too short.

You could wear Spanx (or similar) underneath to give you smooth lines.

FauxFox Fri 06-Feb-15 18:08:07

I tried a DVF in TK Max once and found it as you feared - it looked awful. I think maybe darker colours would be better if you do try one, this one was a pale printed fabric and not at all flattering.

Have you seen the Pretty Dress Company? They have some styles I think would suit you and because they are structured they make the most of your figure.
classic shift
hourglass or print hourglass

Also try Phase 8, Wallis, mary portas, damsel in a dress and biba
I've just linked one example per brand but have a browse.

BCBG Fri 06-Feb-15 18:52:54

Never heard of The Pretty Dress Company but they have some great shapes - like Bombshell only not as pricy. Will deffo try them - but I have a birthmark (port wine) across my forearm so the sleeved jersey wraps do appeal sad as I think they look a little more chic if that makes sense. Obviously they won't look chic at all if unflattering on me!

dun1urkin Fri 06-Feb-15 21:59:33

I always wanted one, but had never tried one on until recently. I'm 5ft 5, size 12-14 on bottom (10 in sainsburys, but that's a different thread) and 14-16 on top (32GG).
It was awful. Far too small for my boobs. Really, really bad. I was gutted. And I tried on 3 sizes. Did I say I was gutted??? I was going to buy myself one for my 40th birthday... sad

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: