Advanced search

Eye shadows I can wear with contact lenses?

(10 Posts)
BobbiPins Fri 06-Feb-15 17:09:58

The "dust" from eye shadows makes my eyes painfully dry when I am in contact lenses. Most of the time I just use mascara.
Can you recommend any eye shadow brands that don't cause such a problem?

Gobbolinothewitchscat Fri 06-Feb-15 17:21:30

I wear cream eyeshadows - smash box and bobbi town are good and long lasting

Fabulassie Fri 06-Feb-15 17:26:18

Yep. Try a cream. Maybelline Tattoo is good, too.

Skinheadmermaid Fri 06-Feb-15 17:26:29

I wear all sorts of eyeshadows & i've worn contacts for years. Do you use a primer under eyeshadow to prevent fallout?
That said, urban decay make lovely, soft eyeshadows with no powder flaking off. The mua palettes aren't bad either. (But the singles can be a bit chalky)

BobbiPins Fri 06-Feb-15 18:25:25

Thanks everyone!
I've never tried cream before, will give it a go.

Pipbin Fri 06-Feb-15 18:27:03

I wear contacts and eyeshadow every day. I generally wear Avon.

Emma321q Fri 06-Feb-15 18:29:04

Since wearing contact lenses I have ordered all my eye make up from

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 06-Feb-15 18:58:36

Benefit do cream eyeshadows (££ but you could ask for a demo before you commit)
Really lovely colours too

dotsanddashes Fri 06-Feb-15 19:15:45

I'd second a primer cream underneath the eye shadow, apart from anything else it make the colour stronger so you don't need to use as much but it does stop them being so powdery. I'm currently using the Benefit one, but Clinique used to do a great one which I'm going to go back to if they still do it when I've run out.

I've been fine with all eyeshadows apart from MAC pink ones. It took me a few weeks of wondering why my eyes kept watering on certain, random days. MAC were happy to refund, although I think I exchanged, they said there is a certain pink pigment than can be irritating. Not sure if they meant just their eyeshadows or any brand!

BlueberryMuffins76 Sun 08-Feb-15 04:09:27

Seconding Benefit - I wear Birthday Suit a lot which is a lovely neutral. Cream is much better for lenses!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now