Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Jeans for a (very) big tummy?

(8 Posts)
DiggieDiggie Thu 05-Feb-15 13:20:39

Any advice please? I have a massive belly. I really need to lose weight but in the meantime, I'm wondering if I can find jeans.

I am a size 18 - sort of. I have a number of size 16 items but I suspect these are just generous sizes. If I buy straight skirts they sit strangely as my tummy is much bigger than hips/bum - think pot belly shape. Size 18 tops fit my boobs but are loose elsewhere.

I have been wearing mainly flared skirts with fitted stretchy tops and dark tights which seems to create some sort of shape. Not much. sad

I currently have some Gap curvy boot cut jeans which have a little bit of stretch. They are high enough to hold tummy but the way in which they hold my tummy makes it look more rounded and very pregnant.
My boobs are huge which makes me look pregnant too. I hate looking pregnant! Its so embarrassing.

I basically live in skirts but my second child is crawling and jeans would be much more practical for baby groups/playing and rainy/snowy school run days.

Are there any styles/brands I should try....or do I just need to wait until I've lost some weight.

DandyHighwayman Thu 05-Feb-15 13:25:02

Asda have some black jeggings, with an elasticated waistband, they are narrow but not skinny. £12.

Short dress over the top. Or fitted tunic to skim tummy. Don't make the mistake of going baggy and shapeless.

Job's a goodun.

Oly4 Thu 05-Feb-15 15:59:28

I had a baby nine months ago and these have been a god send for holding in my tummy while I lose weight.
They call them trousers but they're not, they're jeans. I have them in navy, black and blackcurrant and they are all fab. Loads of stretch, flattering and cheap!
m.marksandspencer.com/mt/www.marksandspencer.com/flat-front-straight-leg-trousers/p/p22281273?jsrl=stop&un_jtt_redirect

helzapoppin2 Thu 05-Feb-15 21:00:23

Sainsburys straight leg jeans are quite stretchy, and cheap!

EssexMummy123 Thu 05-Feb-15 22:22:04

and a good bra :-)

DeanKoontz Thu 05-Feb-15 22:24:17

Another vote for Sainsbury's here too. They come up nice and high too so no knickers on display when you're tying your laces. wink

YoullLikeItNotaLot Thu 05-Feb-15 22:26:19

Next have some for £45 which sound exactly what you're after. Can't remember the style name but they don't have many at £45.

MrsSchadenfreude Thu 05-Feb-15 23:00:16

Diggie - try Per Una (yes, yes, I know... grin) straight leg jeans. Ones with no glitter, sequins, embroidery. They will fit you.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: