Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Hairbrush recommendations please

(6 Posts)
Mamab33 Wed 04-Feb-15 17:12:35

Long fairly straight hair not much of a style. Had a Denman one when I was young and loved it. Not bought one for ages but hate my current expensive plasticky one!

Mamab33 Wed 04-Feb-15 21:04:05

No hairbrush advice then???

BeaLola Wed 04-Feb-15 21:49:08

Ok as I don't like you going unanswered ! I have a Masonand Pearson which I love, and for styling my hair I use a Kent hairbrush and a smaller Mason and Pearson

PolkadotsAndMoonbeams Wed 04-Feb-15 23:13:48

I have two Denman - a vent brush (although I don't often use it when I'm drying my hair, I use it if it's knotty because the bristles are more flexible and widely spaced) and one of the normal ones (white plastic bristles, red cushion).

I also have a boars hair one which makes it lovely and smooth and shiny, but can't remember the make off the top of my head.

I have very thick (well, each strand is fine, but I have loads of them) hair that's about bra strap length at the moment.

Mamab33 Thu 05-Feb-15 17:58:16

Thank you. Strangely excited to go shopping for a hairbrush now! smile

Nancery Thu 05-Feb-15 23:36:40

Mason Pearson - had one bought as a birthday present when I was 15, another bought three years ago. Am now 40! They are brilliant! Any knots or matting vanishes without pulling. And they last for years and years

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: