Talk

Advanced search

Electric toothbrush recommendations?

(25 Posts)
BetweenDogandWolf Wed 04-Feb-15 15:01:03

Would anyone like to recommend me a new electric toothbrush? I have an Oral B one that I've had about 8 years and I like it's 2 minute timer but I'm guessing there are better additional features available than that now!

I've got a small jaw with teeth close together so one good (or with heads available) for getting into those little gaps would be good. Also one with magical whitening properties would be fantastic! Anyone got any suggestions? Thanks.

BetweenDogandWolf Wed 04-Feb-15 15:47:36

Anyone?

itsbetterthanabox Wed 04-Feb-15 16:19:16

If you have the money then a sonicare is the best.
I always feel oral Bs become less powerful so quickly!

macnab Wed 04-Feb-15 16:23:18

I've got a Philips Sonicare and love it, only got it at Christmas but definitely feel my teeth are cleaner than before. I think mine is just the basic model, it buzzes every 30 secs so you know to change the quadrant of mouth you're working on, stops after 2 mins unless you set it to 'whiten' and it goes on for another 30 secs then I think (I just use the standard setting)

Bunbaker Wed 04-Feb-15 16:27:39

Philips Sonicare. Our dentist says they are the best as well.

daimbardiva Wed 04-Feb-15 16:33:43

I have recently got a Philips sonicare and vastly prefer it to my old oral b. It is a strange sensation to start with but my teeth feel so much cleaner. Mine was about £44 in boots (glad price offer)

carrielou2007 Wed 04-Feb-15 17:11:18

Another Sonicare concert! Bought mine at Christmas John Lewis had them at£99 instead of £249 I think? The diamond something in black. Amazeballs from the first use!!

carrielou2007 Wed 04-Feb-15 17:11:53

Convert (stoopid phone!!)

fairgame Wed 04-Feb-15 17:24:31

Oral B trizone 5000. I got it from Debenhams reduced from £200 to £80 and it's fab! It has the 2 minute timer, 30 second quadrant buzz, about 5 different levels of clean (e.g sensitive, deep clean) but also flashes red if you brush too hard (my favourite feature). You can put the trizone heads on which are similar to a manual brush or you can swap to the pro heads which are the small circular ones. They do whitening brush heads as well.

BetweenDogandWolf Wed 04-Feb-15 19:23:57

Thanks all. I think I'll go with the majority here and get a sonicare one. Now just need to decide which one!

SpanielofDoom Thu 05-Feb-15 09:12:19

Between, do you mind coming back to update after you've tried the Sonicare a couple of times?
I currently use Oral B Triumph, and am happy with it. It has the features mentioned by fairgame, but it's on its last legs and will need replacing in the next few months.
My dentist says Oral B toothbrushes are the best, but I'm feeling a bit of Sonicare envy after reading the posts here!

noviceoftheday Thu 05-Feb-15 09:21:04

I have had electric toothbrushes for years. For me, the best by far, has been my current one, sonicare diamond clean. Just amazing.

BetweenDogandWolf Thu 05-Feb-15 09:29:17

spaniel yes, I'll come back and update. Will hopefully buy one today but I think it'll have to be one of the cheaper models unless I can find a really amazing offer on the diamond clean!

cressetmama Thu 05-Feb-15 09:36:28

I like sonic toothbrushes best. I had the old Braun model which is no longer sold but have bought a Philips Sonicare recently. It's good but I prefer the Oral B brushheads, so I modify mine use Sugru moulding putty to fill the cavity. It has worked well.

SpanielofDoom Thu 05-Feb-15 10:18:02

Between, I've just been reading reviews and I've seen one for sale at Boots and Amazon for £44. It seems to hold a charge longer than the more expensive Sonicare models, so for me I'd be tempted to start with that one.
It's this one :

www.boots.com/en/Philips-Sonicare-EasyClean-HX6511-50-Rechargeable-Toothbrush_950761/

julliettaa Thu 05-Feb-15 10:35:01

The Phillips Sonicare Easy Clean is number one on the Which best buy table. I'm currently using an Oral B electric toothbrush but after reading this thread and the Which review, I'm tempted to change smile

Lucysaysno Thu 05-Feb-15 10:56:12

Another vote for Philips sonicare easy clean....

Bubbshjs Thu 05-Feb-15 11:44:47

Make sure you buy the mini heads if you've got a small mouth - they make it much easier to get everywhere. They look really tiny, but they work well. I find the standard ones too large.

SpanielofDoom Thu 05-Feb-15 12:32:45

julliettaa, does teh Which review specify which Easy Clean model is recommended? I linked to one of them at Boots above, but further study on Amazon suggests there are at least 3 Easy Clean models so I'm now spoilt for choice.

I can see me ordering one....wink

sonicare diamond white is the best one I have ever had. usually on offer somewhere as very spendy otherwise.

BetweenDogandWolf Thu 05-Feb-15 13:49:53

There's too much choice! There's a sonicare easy clean white toothbrush on offer at Boots for £35.99 too. I think I'd go for that only it's sold out. It says stock coming soon so I might look again tomorrow.

BetweenDogandWolf Thu 05-Feb-15 14:00:30

Just found the below on amazon for the same price and ordered it. I'll update when it arrives and I've used it a few times.

julliettaa Thu 05-Feb-15 20:20:06

Spaniel I've just checked the Which site again and copied/pasted the model number below:

EasyClean HX6511/50

HTH smile

BetweenDogandWolf Mon 23-Feb-15 10:01:03

Sorry came back to this a bit later than intended. I got my sonicare toothbrush and it's great for cleaning my teeth, they feel super clean and shiny after using it and that clean feeling lasts pretty much all day. I would have found that hard to believe before experiencing it.

The only problem I've had is that my front teeth feel a bit more sensitive than usual. I think it might be coincedence but just in case I'm using my old toothbrush some of the time. I've got a dentists appointment in a few weeks so I'll ask them about it then.

Janewarner Fri 25-Mar-16 17:07:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now