Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Best mascara that doesn't smudge?

(11 Posts)
irregularegular Wed 04-Feb-15 13:15:46

Whenever I wear mascara, I always seem to end up with black shadows under my eyes, which isn't really the desired effect.

Can you recommend a mascara that goes on nice and smoothly (no clumps!) and will NOT smudge or flake. Doesn't have to give super thick, full lashes - I'm going more for natural, but better, rather than very obvious. I wear lenses if that makes a difference.

Price not a major issue, but rather not spend silly amounts unnecessarily, obviously!

RemusLupinsBiggestGroupie Wed 04-Feb-15 13:16:39

Lancome Definicils is v good.

sebsmummy1 Wed 04-Feb-15 13:18:45

Maybelline Colossal in yellow packaging. I use the Waterproof and once it's dry nothing gets it off, not even waterproof eye m&s he up remover!! So I always have panda eyes in the morning, doesn't smudge in the day though! grin

sebsmummy1 Wed 04-Feb-15 13:19:26

*Eye make up remover no idea where M&S came into it!!

LollyLondon Wed 04-Feb-15 13:27:48

I must have very sweaty eyes because I always get panda eyes, even from most waterproof mascaras! Very annoying.

YSL waterproof is excellent (am using at the moment).

The best one I've ever come across is Paul & Joe waterproof - outstanding and totally budge proof. No longer sold in local dept store, but looks like it's available online www.beautybay.com/cosmetics/pauljoe/waterproofmascara/
May have to buy one!

PurpleDaisies Wed 04-Feb-15 15:47:56

Lancôme hypnose. Love it! Stays on all day without flaking and easy to take off. Gives just the look you describe...looks like you have naturally have amazing lashes!

irregularegular Thu 05-Feb-15 09:18:38

Thank you - now how to choose?!

sebsmummy1 Thu 05-Feb-15 09:20:26

Start with the cheapest grin

irregularegular Thu 05-Feb-15 11:03:51

Good idea!

Lilacflower Sat 07-Feb-15 16:18:41

Max Factor 2000 Calorie. I've tried loads of different ones and they all smudge apart from that one.

irregularegular Tue 10-Feb-15 11:09:34

After a bit of extra internet research I went for the Paul and Joe one - so far so good!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: