Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

Brand recommendations for 'posh' rucksack

(19 Posts)
Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Tue 03-Feb-15 14:05:44

Due to a bad back ( getting old sucks) I need to leave my mulberry brief case at home and use a rucksack. Any brand recommendations?

I an ideal world it would be beautiful like a designer handbag, supportive like a proper walkers rucksack, have enough space for papers, 1 book, makeup bag , packed lunch and water bottle. Budget flexible up to £500ish but would prefer £200 as I'm never going to love it like my handbags!

MelanieCheeks Tue 03-Feb-15 14:07:20

Marking place as I may need to switch to walk/cycle/train for my commute in the near future.

Noimaginationfornewname Tue 03-Feb-15 14:07:45

Watching with interest. Same issue...

Flingingmelon Tue 03-Feb-15 14:14:56

What style are you looking for? I have a brilliant Rains backpack but I'd describe it as cool rather than beautiful smile

Flingingmelon Tue 03-Feb-15 14:18:20

Radley do a more sophisticated one?

WhereIsMyFurryHat Tue 03-Feb-15 14:19:56

Longchamp le pliage backpack?

Nolim Tue 03-Feb-15 14:21:50

Watching with interest as well

Rivercam Tue 03-Feb-15 14:21:52

Wenger Swiss Gear rucksacs are good.

gonegrey56 Tue 03-Feb-15 14:27:37

Fjall Raven rucksacks, great Swedish brand. Come in many colours. I saw a super chic woman wearing a silver one at the Oslo opera house last month, sneaked up to take a look at her bag she looked so good!

gonegrey56 Tue 03-Feb-15 14:28:52

Available at Selfridges and online. Bought my fashionista student daughter one in charcoal grey and she loves it .

sleepwhenidie Tue 03-Feb-15 14:32:56

Whistles has a nice one...

sleepwhenidie Tue 03-Feb-15 14:35:55

And they The Whistles one in a rather nice silver (IMHO) reduced from £295 to £95 at Selfridges - go quickly if you like it!

ZaraW Tue 03-Feb-15 14:47:51

Steve Mono does some beautiful ones hand made (I think) in Spain prices aren't outrageous. www.farfetch.com sell a few of his bags.

I have a waxed canvas Fjallraven backpack think it is called retro have had it years and love it looks good but is more of a practical rucksack rather than stylish. I use it for camping and cycling.

OneHandFlapping Tue 03-Feb-15 15:01:24

I love my Dakine backpack. It's comfy and capacious with a well-padded interior laptop pocket, and even an insulated sandwich pocket. I walk for miles through London with it on my back, and it never pulls my shoulders like a lot of backpacks do.

utterly practical, and not at all beautiful, I suspect it's not at all what you're looking for, as you could buy ten of them for £500.

Superherosidekick Tue 03-Feb-15 15:12:44

What about Knomo? They are in between stylish and practical IMO

Abzs Tue 03-Feb-15 15:22:56

Fjall Raven or Haglofs for old school styling with functionality.

Daters123 Tue 03-Feb-15 16:29:00

A vote for Knomo here too - Stella looks good and very comfortable to carry

Jinglebellsarenearlyhere Tue 03-Feb-15 16:39:58

Thanks all. Will get googlng tonight!

julliettaa Tue 03-Feb-15 17:03:47

I have a leather rucksack from Matt Fothergill. It was made to order and it's really lovely quality. Not sure if the link will work as it's my first post on MN blush

www.mattfothergill.com/Product/67/Rucksack

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: