Talk

Advanced search

Has anyone ever taken moisturiser back to Boots and got a refund?

(7 Posts)
LadyintheRadiator Tue 03-Feb-15 08:36:36

Last week I no 7 P&P day and night cream plus serum. I use the serum anyway and have used the day cream before without a problem but since starting to use them on Friday my skin is red and dry and sore. Will they just shrug and say tough luck?

LadyintheRadiator Tue 03-Feb-15 08:37:25

Last week I bought, even.

WasWats Tue 03-Feb-15 08:43:07

No they won;t. If you have had an allergic reaction to a product by law you are entitled to return it. They might give you some spiel about sending it off for testing, but you will get either your money back or a replacement from another range.

MimiSunshine Tue 03-Feb-15 10:42:46

Not moisturiser but make up I have. I was sold the wrong colour (foundation) which to be honest I thought would be too dark but trusted she new better hmm so took it home and tried it.

I took it back after trying it and explained it was too dark and the assistant hadn't tested it on me. They immediately swapped it for the right one but if I'd had a reaction to it I would have taken a refund.

Just leave out the bit where you have used it before and ask for a refund as you are allergic to it. If you feel you have to mention it and they suggest it could be something else then point out that allergies are changeable which is why a good hairdresser will patch test hair dye once a year just in case the chemicals have changed etc.

faustina Tue 03-Feb-15 11:17:07

Yes I've done it more than once. No problems. Refunded me straightaway

LeoandBoosmum Tue 03-Feb-15 12:01:27

If you have a reaction they are legally bound to refund you. If you still have it, take the receipt. If it's still flaring, maybe take a pic on your phone to show them.

LadyintheRadiator Tue 03-Feb-15 14:10:30

Thanks everyone, I will take them back tomorrow, unfortunately I don't have the receipt but I can find then transaction on mobile banking, I spent about £60. I will report back!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: