Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

brown stains between my bottom teeth at front and back caused by drinking tea.

(15 Posts)
biglips Mon 02-Feb-15 21:07:49

How do I get rid of it, pls?

Thanks

firstposts Mon 02-Feb-15 21:14:40

Trip to hygienist, it's about £50 at my NHS dentist but the only thing I've found to work.

StrawberryMojito Mon 02-Feb-15 21:16:15

Yup, scrape and polish at the hygienist. Costs me about £25.

NormHonal Mon 02-Feb-15 21:18:09

Are you sure it's tea?

Iron supplements can also cause it - but yes, scrape and polish is the only thing that works that I know of. I tried one of those little scratchy tools and it can't get between the teeth.

TheHappinessTrap Mon 02-Feb-15 21:20:20

Do you use an electric toothbrush? This does it for me.

mooth Mon 02-Feb-15 21:23:44

There's a tooth whitening kit available from Boots, quite cheap, and it does work quite well.

PestoSnowissimos Mon 02-Feb-15 21:26:17

Regular 6 monthly visits to the dentist are your friend, my friend grin

OydNeverDeclinesGin Mon 02-Feb-15 21:28:22

I use floss with an abrasive toothpaste in between hygienist visits. Helps at the front but there's nothing like a good hygienist clean!! In fact I'm gonna book one tomorrow, I love that ultra clean feeling!

CountingThePennies Mon 02-Feb-15 21:31:49

I have this problem. Within a week of having it cleaned off it is back again

I ve stopped drinking tea and coffee plus dark coloured juice and my teeth are fine now

cardamomginger Mon 02-Feb-15 23:58:42

Have you been using corsodyl mouthwash? That discolours your teeth. Hygienist can get it all off.

ChoclolateOrange Tue 03-Feb-15 11:34:24

I have this problem too. I do go the hygenist every 6 months but like countingthepennies it comes back within a very short time. I use an electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste which help but it never really gets the bits inbetween the teeth. Giving up tea and coffee is a big price to pay for very clean teeth....sad

hellsbellsmelons Tue 03-Feb-15 16:05:34

Do you floss and interdental burshes?
These will help a lot.
Use once a day.
Some people are just more susceptible to this kind of thing.
I drink tea, red wine, smoke, etc... and don't get it at all.
But I'm completely anal when it comes to my teeth having been a dental nurse in a previous life!
(and I'm on day 2 of giving up smoking - eeekkk...)

hellsbellsmelons Tue 03-Feb-15 16:06:43

Do you floss and interdental burshes? Blimey - that's good England!
Do you floss and use interdental brushes!!!!

Skivvywoman Wed 04-Feb-15 09:48:52

I get this on my bottom tooth and obv the hygienist is the best for getting rid of it but inbetween visits I use and dental eraser couple of times a week, boots used to sell them now they don't so I buy them from Amazon for a couple of pounds!

goodasitgets Wed 04-Feb-15 14:42:14

I had this and it was coming back so quickly. So trip to the hygienist and then I bought White glo smokers formula toothpaste (Amazon/ebay)
Was at the dentist last month and she commented the difference in staining was incredible - as in I have none
I know people say toothpaste doesn't work, but this stuff is brilliant

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: