Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

What is up with my face!

(11 Posts)
fairgame Mon 02-Feb-15 18:41:21

I keep getting really horrible spots in the same place on my right cheek right near my nose. There are normally 2 each time and they are quite red. They go away for a few days then they are back. I don't know if it's because my skin is too oily?
I use simple moisturiser, then maxfactor foundation and blusher. If i don't use moisturiser then my skin get dry and my makeup gets patchy.
I also have a big problem with smudgy mascara. I always end up with it under my eyes and its look like really dark circles.
Basically i look a mess within about an hour of leaving the house sad
I'm 30, my skin should be nice and clear surely?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Skinheadmermaid Mon 02-Feb-15 20:13:21

The right cheek points to allergies or eating too much sugar.
Personally I find Simple products too harsh for my skin, I might be the only one though.
What do you use to remove your make up at night?
Do you sleep on your right side? If I need to wash my pillowcase my skin can get clogged on one side.

Skinheadmermaid Mon 02-Feb-15 20:13:36

Or do you hold your phone on that side?

fairgame Mon 02-Feb-15 20:22:16

I don't use the phone often.
I sleep on both sides, apparently i toss and turn a lot throughout the night but i change my bedding weekly and clean and use antibac spray on makeup brush weekly as well.
On a night i exfoliate my face then wash it with clearasil then use simple cleanser/toner.
The sugar thing might actually be the cause. I do have too much sugar in my diet but never heard of it causing spots until now!

Skinheadmermaid Mon 02-Feb-15 20:33:41

I thought it was an old wives tale until i cleaned up my diet. Now as soon as I eat milk Choc or sweets my skin is a mess.
I found when I used it Clearesil dried out my skin and in turn, made it more oily which in turn lead to more spots. Exfoliating constantly will make your skin more sensitive, maybe exfoliate once or twice a week and see if your skin calms down?
I would drop the clearest too and use a night cream with aloe vera in it.
Body Shop have some really good ones that have completely soothed my very sensitive, winter bitten skin.
smile

fairgame Mon 02-Feb-15 20:37:26

I will give it all a try and ditch the daily chocolate/pepsi combo.
Thanks for your advice i appreciate it smile

Gremlingirl Mon 02-Feb-15 20:48:15

I read on here about taking vitamin d3 to sort out skin issues. I didn't really think it would work but I am also rather gullible when it comes to easy fixes for things! Rather amazingly, it worked like a dream. No spots, more even skin and so on. Might be worth a try.

margaritasbythesea Tue 03-Feb-15 08:34:16

Ditch the simple. I did and now I don't get spots. Cetaphil is great.

indecisiveithink Tue 03-Feb-15 08:52:30

Stop using exfoliator and clearasil!

Use a cream or oil cleanser on dry skin then rinse with warm water and a flannel

I find simple too harsh too

CheersMedea Tue 03-Feb-15 12:05:04

Do you ever lean your chin on your hand and spot zone is where your fingers reach?

Repeated spots is often to do with repeated touching that you aren't aware of.

fairgame Tue 03-Feb-15 17:45:06

I really thought simple was good with the 'no harsh chemicals' etc tagline. I bet the Clearasil is probably drying my skin out as well.

I'm guessing that i've got everything the wrong way round and less is probably more when it comes to cleaning my face blush

No i don't often touch the area Medea, i probably do touch my chin a fair bit but rarely get any spots there. It's just my right cheek.

Thanks for all the advice.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: