Talk

Advanced search

Whether you’re a beauty novice or a confirmed fashionista, this topic is for consulting Mumsnetters on all things style-related. Plus, check out our Swears By page for the inside track on the next Mumsnet must-have.

My DH dropped my Tweezerman tweezers down the drain. Should I replace them or buys different brand?

(14 Posts)
ihatethecold Mon 02-Feb-15 06:54:19

Can't say I'm that impressed with him.

DrewOB Mon 02-Feb-15 07:05:27

I'm not keen on tweezerman, they seem to break all the hairs for me instead of plucking, I keep going back to the old pair of gold tipped tweezers my mother gave me

desertgirl Mon 02-Feb-15 07:07:12

maybe a different brand of husband smile?

ihatethecold Mon 02-Feb-15 07:10:11

grin

Turquoiseblue Mon 02-Feb-15 07:12:14

Dislike that !
I forgot to bring mine on holidays 2 years ago - I picked up a 'temporary ' babyliss double ended pair in the supermarket- 2 years later they are still perfect (and if I m honest better than teezerman)

MrsKravitzFromAcrossTheStreet Mon 02-Feb-15 10:01:31

I have always wanted some Tweezermans but they are expensive and I am always losing tweezers - my DS nicks mine for his monobrow - so I recently bought these which I am really pleased with and it won't be the end of the world if they go missing!

ihatethecold Mon 02-Feb-15 10:55:24

That is cheap MrsKravitz.

Have you had them long?
Are they still sharp?

MrsMarigold Mon 02-Feb-15 10:57:29

I don't rate Tweezerman as highly as I rate boots own brand ones the cheapie slanted silver ones are much better in my opinion.

HiawathaDidntBotherTooMuch Mon 02-Feb-15 10:58:36

I have yet to find tweezers that grip the hair enough to be able to hold it enough to pluck it out, but at the same time, don't actually cut the hair whilst gripping.

MixenLane Mon 02-Feb-15 11:28:23

Tweezerman seemed to have dropped in quality. I bought my first pair about 10 years ago and they were brilliant. But if you drop them on a tiled floor they get ruined. So I had to replace several times. Just bought another pair and they're crap.
Will check out the ones in the link by MrsKravitz.

MrsKravitzFromAcrossTheStreet Mon 02-Feb-15 12:15:11

I've had them about a month and yes they're still sharp. I'm very pleased with them. They grab those little short, thick eyebrow hairs that seem to have sides on them a treat!

Roussette Mon 02-Feb-15 12:17:09

I have Tweezerman and they just don't work well, and I really look after them.

I tried Rubis swiss made ones and OMG there is no comparison, they are absolutely precision years down the line and I get a bit panicy if I can't find them!

No one borrows them and I keep the tips in the plastic tube and they are just fantastic and even brand new Tweezerman ones never worked like these do! (they sell them on Amazon, they aren't cheap, just a bit more than Tweezerman I think).

What pissed me off about Tweezerman was the selling point of being able to have them sharpened all their life, but there is nowhere in the UK that actually does this.

mothermirth Mon 02-Feb-15 12:22:50

Just ordered those MrsKravitz, thanks for the recommendation. My Tweezermans stopped working ages ago and the cheapo ones I bought to replace them were useless, but those look great smile

PrimalLass Mon 02-Feb-15 12:59:27

www.regissalons.co.uk/shop/billion-dollar-brows-slant-tip-tweezers

I have these and prefer them to the Tweezerman pair I had.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: